Little Black Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The device is only trackable by the SIM card, with its unique IMEI number. Remove the SIM card, and it's no longer trackable. Get a new SIM card, and you can track it yourself.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tracker is a good guess, but wrong in this case. Was your truck a rental or fleet vehicle before? The FCC number returns to a "Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (LTE OBD II Dongle)" .

Source: https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2APNR-GD201

Basically a way to run diagnostics on the truck with a laptop or tablet, and without having to physically plug it in. Handy for a fleet where the mechanics don't have to physically gain access to the port each time they scan it and can data log easier.
This may have been forgotten and accidentally left in the vehicle after service. Techs usually have to buy their own at an independent shop. May have street value.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 105180 miles.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
reminds me of the story about the person
that buys a dog but the dog finds
his way back to his original home
sorry nothing is innocent

true dealerships offer tracking and use tracking obd2 port devices for their inventory and true people forget about them and the account associated with them if not renewed is disabled but dealerships aren’t lazy about inventory or theft prevention and vehicles in other countries from North America are more expensive in other parts of the world why sell something once when you can sell it twice .

Last edited:

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put an OBD2 tracker in my parents van, just in case my mom gets lost or forgets where she's going. I can find the van where ever it is. It's $8.95 month, good peace of mind for my dad and me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat