Looking for photo of new Sport Hood Decal #82215534AB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruceS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I purchased a decal from one of the Mopar websites, however the decal(s) differ from the one pictured on the Mopar website.

The part is described as:
Authentic Mopar Hood Decal - Black - For Sport Hood82215534AB

It is difficult to visualize what this will look like on my Granite Metallic color because it is sandwiched between the protective layers, which are translucent.

I am wondering if anyone has received and installed a decal with the Mopar part #82215534AB that differs from the one shown on their website.

The decal(s) I received uses a pattern that is similar to that found throughout the vehicle in places such as the grill on my 2022 Laramie 1500 DT

attached are the photo of the red sport hood pictured on the Mopar website, as well as a photo of the different decals I received.
If you have a photo, preferably on a dark gray but any other color with these decals, I would appreciate seeing it ASAP, so I can decide if I want to keep and pay to install the ones I received or return them!

Thanks

Attachments

• 82215534ab.jpg
    82215534ab.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 32
  • MOPAR Authentic Mopar Hood Decal - Black - For Sport Hood  82215534AB.jpg
    MOPAR Authentic Mopar Hood Decal - Black - For Sport Hood 82215534AB.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 32

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Not sure wha tyou are tlaking about, form these pictures, looks like a black decal and like image on teh red hood. There is a small gap or space from teh decal to the actualy scoop or hood indentation item.

Looks l ike you jsut peel off the back, squirt soem soap water on hodd, keep it wet, line up the decal, with top film still onit, using the top film to place up , tight as 90 year old Nun, against teh indetention on the hood, squeeze out air pockets and pull off the top film.

again, not sure wha tyou are freaking out about.

FWIW<
Welcome to the forum and i concur, if in doubt, get answers.

OP
OP
BruceS

BruceS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Look closer at the one on the right. It is clearly not the same as the one pictured on the red hood on the left.
If you click on the image and zoom toward the top, you can see that it doesn't match the one on the red hood that fades from black to clear and instead uses a striped pattern that is similar to the pattern on the grill (2022 Laramie DT).

I am asking for someone who has a photo of the one I received, so I can see it on an actual hood.

And as far as installation, it is not as easy as you describe, at least based upon the installation instructions that describe the use of chemicals and a heat gun similar to the way in which professional wraps are installed. I prefer to do things the recommend way rather than using Mickey Mouse methods that will have the decals cracking or peeling off in a couple of years.

And BTW, no one is "freaking out"!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BruceS

BruceS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Update: I returned the decals to Mopar, however if anyone should be able to upload a photo of the differing decals that show the pattern that matches the grill (see photos in original post), on a vehicle, I'd love to see them!

Thanks

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat