New User, 2014 Ram 1500 Sport, Reman Engine sounds weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkRam2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hello All, well it has been a long 3 months since my old engine got destroyed by P*.*Bys doing a Cam job which ultimately
ended up in me getting a new Re-man 5.7l Hemi Engine. One particular question I had with this new engine is my truck does
not sound exactly like my old engine when it ran good. The engine sounds real loud under the hood but not much exhaust sound
coming from the back that usually you are used to hearing, that sexy room sound.. It sounds like all engine under the hood,
It appears to drive good, however, the Gas mileage isn't as good I think, maybe 50 gallons less a tank, but I'm using 89 octane
now vice 87 with old engine. Any thoughts on this?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welp we really cant tell you if it sounds normall without a video uploaded also have you scanned the truck for any codes just to see?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
No wonder Pep Boys went out of the parts business

I know that Advance bought out PB & a couple of other auto parts stores, here in Cali