Military Roll Call!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I am new to the all of the Forums, and I am not even a decent "Techie". It took me too long to just learn how to make my CAC card work, and I get confused trying to identify the chip location when buying fuel.
I may also be an antique on the forums as I was commissioned in 1970, completed several "Officer Branch Basic Courses, etc. and then POTUS Nixon gave me an all-expense paid vacation to the nations at war in SEAsia. For those who have been in the National Guard, or Army Reserve you know the drill about being selected and promoted out of your billet, I was selected for promotion to Major, but elected to "park" my non-aviator billet and reverted to a CWO slot. I have flown virtually every non-gunship RW aircraft from Loaches to Chinooks, and FW RU-8 & RU-21 aircraft as well as a couple of Vietnamese non-standard (for US) aircraft. I eventually reached the point where passing a flight physical, even with waivers, was not in my future and eventually retired as a CPT(P), MI, USA. Bronze Star, several Vietnamese decorations including the Cross of Gallantry and the Civil Affairs medals, Master Army Aviator, etc.
In the interim, while not on active duty, ADT, ARNG, etc. I had a non-DOD position as a Special Agent with the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and also retired there.
Post DoTreasury SA retirement, I a joined several firms concurrently and was in private practice as a Partner, specializing in the Forensic Sciences, Psychophysiology (Mil.Speak for Polygraph Examiner), Crisis & Critical Incident Management, Fire Science and High Energy (Blast and High Energy & Physicsm along the way becoming a professional graduate student earning an M.Dsc. in Pharmacology, a Psy.D. and a PH.D.
I am now officially retired for the 3rd or 4th time, but this is Final (having said that before, but...).
Down to business in trucks, I am, less so now than before due to a number of reasons, some residual effects of my SE Asia Vacation courtesy of DoD, as well as some insecurities that have arisen in my favorite Off-Roading Exploration times in the vic. of Ft. Huachuca, and Tombstone, Antelope Wells, N.M. and the SW Border. Friends who are Agents in the USBP have told me that the Animas Mountains are not even safe during hunting season, as are the areas between Sierra Vista and Nogales, AZ.
Now you have my entire bio written in, as my Partners occasionally remark, other than abbreviated, polysyllabic, worst imitation in brevity. I am looking at a 2024 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 HO Diesel to go off-roading in the least explored territories of the SW, yet far enough North of our ongoing war with invaders. I am looking for recommendations for any special equipment it might behoove me to order on the Ram, I did not see any factory winches as are available on the F-350 Tremor, so other than a "Snow Plow" option, that will come to pass.
For those of you who have tackled my bio, and may be knowledgeable in tough trail off-road traveling in an occasionally too long truck for the game, I look forward to hearing from, and about what you like, and dislike about the current Ram trucks.
Welcome aboard, Shipmate. Looks like we have similar backgrounds, only mine was Navy/Marine.

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Where bouts in the Nam? Pleiku for me

Main Base was DaNang, China Beach. We helped cover from the navy Base to LZ Walt.
We have gone from the DMZ to Pieiku, running guard on Convoys.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Main Base was DaNang, China Beach. We helped cover from the navy Base to LZ Walt.
We have gone from the DMZ to Pieiku, running guard on Convoys.
I was 7/17 cav, and I think that you might have been around either B or C troop from time to time. I was with D troop Recon, and ran from Bam Me Tout up into Dak To, and over to the Cambodian border.
Welcome home brother.
1689691866308.png

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel

kirk35

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD Tradesman
USN, Torpedomans Mate
Active Duty 1986-89 USS McKee AS-41, San Diego, CA
Active Reserve 89-05, Special Boat Unit-22 (NOLA) & Mobile Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit 212 (NCBC Gulfport, MS)

OldBaldGuy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic Warlock
Engine
SP/5 E-5 Got my DD-214 in early 1973 courtesy of the post-VietNam reduction in forces.

Currently working on my third fourth of my life in Northwest Wisconsin, land of fishing and beer.

Happy to be here . . . .

PPX Dually

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO Diesel
USN, 80-94 E7/Chief Engineman
USS Conserver ARS-39
Sub base Pearl Harbor-Torpedo Retriever
USS Robert E. Peary FF-1073