Modifying steering wheel radio control action?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brewman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7L Hemi w/ eTorque
I have a 2019 Laramie 1500 with 8.4 Uconnect 4C Nav.

The left-side upper/lower radio controls on the back of the steering wheel do a seek when listening to the Radio, but I'd like them to traverse to the next/previous preset instead. Radio station seek is pretty much useless for me as I know what stations I listen to (hence presets).

Does anyone know if this can be done with something like AlphaOBD?

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Use the button in the center of the rocker switch on the back of the right side of the steering wheel. It will scroll through the presets.

OP
OP
B

brewman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7L Hemi w/ eTorque
Use the button in the center of the rocker switch on the back of the right side of the steering wheel. It will scroll through the presets.
Yes it will, but that's not the question. To get to a preset just prior to the one playing you'd have to press the center button many times, but if the up/down buttons addressed the presets it's one down.

The up/down as search is useless. Should drive presets for radio and Sirius the same.