Heated Steering and Audio Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HydroTopzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased a heated steering wheel (5NH65DX9AA), clockspring (68528301AA), audio control radio switches for the wheel and the rear cover. I'm covered on the wiring harness for the heated functions thanks to @Mpgrimm2, which is not a concern for this question.

My current steering wheel harness, which came on a 2019 Classic Express, supports: (Voice, Phone, Up, Down, Left, Right, Gear +, Gear -, Cruise Control On/Off, Res, Set, Cancel). The vehicle also supports apple carplay with an 8.4 radio. The wheel looks similar to this steering wheel in terms of button controls.

I realised I need a wiring harness for the audio controls to work. I'm not sure if I can get by with purchasing: 68163713AC, which is a lot cheaper than the recommended wiring from the dealership: 68163716AC.
Any insight on this issue would be appreciated. My truck is currently inoperable until I can secure a harness!

Thanks for your time!