Moose antlers LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got a set of tow mirrors for Christmas, and got them installed this afternoon.
I don’t tow all that often, but my 6’x 12’ trailer is so low to the ground that it practically disappears behind my truck with the non tow mirrors.
Install was super easy, took longer to remove and install the door panels, than it did to swap the mirrors. And to my surprise, the directional controls work correctly in both the up and down position. They will be down probably 90% of the time, but it’s nice to now have the option to flip them up when needed.
a07e2a061d421abd3bf9be0bfb408187.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
71c73dbbcf8f0339056b0e145c70863d.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
5cfc8be0bd52d04df8bf7da878823e27ce2b748f&rid=giphy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
As one of my co-worker calls it, "Bullwinkling"

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
avg2M18emdgsP4ew6
28bc8e7786efdf10221860101d67a7a1.jpg

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I say those who crack on the moose antler look hasn't experienced the increased vision around the truck. I was once guilty of that but to be honest it takes a lot for me not to ghost trailer since I got them. I can see so much more in the blind spots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
01b0818072657f352335daf7248feed3.jpg

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Joke all you want they're great mirrors. I like them way more than the regular ones. Just wish they came power folding and a.couple aerodynamic enhancements wouldn't hurt either.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Joke all you want they're great mirrors. I like them way more than the regular ones. Just wish they came power folding and a.couple aerodynamic enhancements wouldn't hurt either.

I've had both styles and I prefer the tow mirrors for function, although the power fold was nice at times to have. I think they look fine in the down position, and I get having them up when you're towing. I don't tow so my mirrors are never up, when I have seen mine up it just makes my truck look so goofy. I think they look just fine down though.

Reactions: BWL

waynestractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I find it so bizarre how many people whine and complain about someone having their mirrors in the tow position. My 2500 tows our work trailer regularly so the mirrors are always up. My 1500 is my daily and does not tow often at all so the mirrors are always down. All I can really think is, mind your own ******* business...if someone wants to run their mirrors, on their truck, which they own, in the up position, it's really no one elses business.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If someone drives around like a retard with their mirrors in tow position all the time when not towing looking like a complete idiot I’m going to make fun of their ********!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If someone drives around like a retard with their mirrors in tow position all the time when not towing looking like a complete idiot I’m going to make fun of their ********!

Likewise, I'm not going to go "whine" to that owner, but I'll surely laugh at them.

Not to mention the unintended (maybe?) message it's sending to truckers..
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tow mirrors

For me, that's a risk I'm not willing to take!

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There may be reason they have them up with no trailer in tow as well. I know I have forgotten to put them down after getting my 5th wheel unhooked, then take off to go to the store or whatnot. Others see them, but have no idea I was just towing a 42' trailer and forgot about them.

Also, on a dually I can see having them out at all times. Our mirrors are not vertical in the stowed position like the GM and Ford trucks. In the vertical position you can see so much better, especially the spotter.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There may be reason they have them up with no trailer in tow as well. I know I have forgotten to put them down after getting my 5th wheel unhooked, then take off to go to the store or whatnot. Others see them, but have no idea I was just towing a 42' trailer and forgot about them.

Also, on a dually I can see having them out at all times. Our mirrors are not vertical in the stowed position like the GM and Ford trucks. In the vertical position you can see so much better, especially the spotter.

Another reason for ram to abandon the poor mirror design and go with what works best like the other brands use.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

That's a fair point and I'm sure some of the time I see them, that is the exact case. I think my bias mostly comes from seeing the same trucks locally, always with their mirrors up but never towing or hauling anything. At that point it strikes me as purely cosmetic, and I don't get the appeal at all. Eye of the beholder of course.

ford40

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have mine up all the time because it to hard to adj them right every time you change them . how if they had a memory to go to a preset position no problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93