Mopar Girl Gets a Ram!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JenDavis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hey All! Happy Birthday to me! I got this beast for my B-day today. I'm already a Mopar girl, had a '97 Ram 5.9L, and a 99 Ram V10 years ago. I also own a Challenger RT.

So - this new one is a 2008 Ram 3500 Mega DRW with 112k miles. It's a little beat up on the outside, but I got it at a good price so I can give it a little love in the next few months. Previous owner was a elderly man in downtown Miami... not a good idea!

A couple questions -

This truck has the DPF - do I need to do anything? I have read that it will take care of itself under the right conditions. It won't be my daily, except on rainy days. I live on a dirt road so the Challenger will get a break. I drive about 35 minutes each way, half on I-95, half on major roads. We own drag racing cars, so it will also be the tow vehicle for that.

The interior needs a some serious love. I may need to replace the drivers side seat. Any good sources for that kind of stuff? I also want to upgrade the radio and add a back up cam. Any one done that? What did you use?

Might need rear bumper, washer fluid pump, and I'm hearing the best way to maximize engine life is with upgraded fuel and air filters. True? Recommendations?

Ram 3500.jpg

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum and congrats on getting that MegaCab dually beast!

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Congrats on the 3500.

About the back-up camera. I just installed a Whistler wireless unit in/on my wife's Dakota. The only wiring you need is for the dashboard receiver as the camera/transmitter is charged by sunlight. The box says installs in minutes - don't believe it. Figure about 2 to 2.5 hours if you take your time, be careful and follow the instruction manual. Everything went very well and came up as predicted. Good strong (4 bars) signal. does the job. Cost about 100 bucks at Walmart super Center in the electronics dept. You do have to do an initial charge on the transmitter battery, about 5 hours using a cell phone charger.

Mike

Diller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
Welcome to the Mega club!

For routine maintenance I use Fleetguard oil fighters, Baldwin fuel filter/water separator (best filtration in stock location) and then added a Western Diesel fuel filter system. I put new injectors in at 250K miles and wanted to make sure I protected them. That is about the best you can do to help save injectors.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Nice find. Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Congrats on acquiring a beast. For the interior, you may want to swap out the driver cushions and then **** out the interior with some new leather.

Geno's

Katzkin

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hey All! Happy Birthday to me! I got this beast for my B-day today. I'm already a Mopar girl, had a '97 Ram 5.9L, and a 99 Ram V10 years ago. I also own a Challenger RT.

So - this new one is a 2008 Ram 3500 Mega DRW with 112k miles. It's a little beat up on the outside, but I got it at a good price so I can give it a little love in the next few months. Previous owner was a elderly man in downtown Miami... not a good idea!

A couple questions -

This truck has the DPF - do I need to do anything? I have read that it will take care of itself under the right conditions. It won't be my daily, except on rainy days. I live on a dirt road so the Challenger will get a break. I drive about 35 minutes each way, half on I-95, half on major roads. We own drag racing cars, so it will also be the tow vehicle for that.

The interior needs a some serious love. I may need to replace the drivers side seat. Any good sources for that kind of stuff? I also want to upgrade the radio and add a back up cam. Any one done that? What did you use?

Might need rear bumper, washer fluid pump, and I'm hearing the best way to maximize engine life is with upgraded fuel and air filters. True? Recommendations?

View attachment 129307

Sexy truck love the color

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)