Mopar HD Splash Gaurds (Mudflaps)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InvictusII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Has anyone installed a set of the Mopar HD (Rubber) Splash Guards on a 2500? If so, do you have to drill any holes in the metal fender to install them?

I'm not worried if I have to drill a hole in the plastic wheel liner but I don't want to drill any holes in the metal fender.

It looks like the Duraflaps don't need to be drilled but they are twice the price of the Mopar ones and the Mopar ones look nicer.

Does anyone have suggestions for a true No-Drill mudflap?

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK first I have a 1500

Second,I installed the mopar flaps and it gave me an option to drill extra holes in the metal which I declined. There wouldn't be an option to drill and attach it to the plastic liner because there wouldn't be enough strength and would most likely tear the liner after a while.

Having said that and for what it's worth, they have been on for about 4-5 months and are holding up just fine without drilling the extra holes! Your 2500 may be different but I am assuming they are the same.

OP
OP
I

InvictusII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Does anybody have the Mopar rubber mudflaps on a 2500?

I did find a set of the instructions online and they look like you would have to drill in the plastic but maybe I'm wrong. The instructions were dated 2008 and 2010 so I don't see how they would apply to a 2015.

OP
OP
I

InvictusII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Just to update the thread, you do not have to drill into metal on the 2500 with the Mopar HD rubber mudflaps.

I got them from the dealer yesterday
82212288 Fronts
82212290 Rears

It took about 30 minutes to install them. Just remove the factory screws, plastic spats, and bolt on the guards. You do have to drill one hole through the plastic wheel liner to hold the inside of the flap. That's it, very easy and they look nice.

The only questionable thing is that the instructions show leaving the front spats on but I didn't see how that would be possible. I might cut the spats to get them to fit with the flaps.