My 2019's new dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RD Holland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally got the dashboard of my 2019 Longhorn replaced by the dealership. Looks new as opposed the chipping, cracking, peeling and warping one it had. By the time it got replaced the bubbles in the leather where the adhesive was coming undone had gotten really bad and parts of it were just breaking up.

In any case, I have an issue. My door chimes don't work. None of them. Pretty sure the rear doors would chime if opened (grand kid alerts ...). I called the dealership and the service department guy to whom the call was directed told me to check the manual. I already have and did some google searching where I found a video about the door latch trick. But, of course its not that since the door can be closed. I think the tech disabled it some other way. I have been thru a ton of settings via the touchscreen interfaces and searched all over the instrument panels but have not found out how to turn it back on.

Anyone know how the tech might have disabled the door chimes. I know they can be a pain but sometimes I would want them and would rather disable using the latch trick than just going totally without them. The dealership just said I could bring it in and they would try to find someone to fix it while I wait. I would rather that be a last resort. Took 45 minutes just to pick the truck up when I happened to drop by to see if it was ready (no courtesy call). They couldn't even find the truck. I had to walk all around the dealership looking in bays and where they park vehicles waiting and finished for servicing. Finally found it parked along with new and used trucks. In any case, I sure would like to avoid a trip back there.