Opening tailgate! Ok my 2019 3500..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captrowdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello so yes I have had the tailgate latch recall done. But still my tailgate continues to open on its own. We have tried just about everything we can think of to eliminate it and it still occasionally opens. Now it has caused tailgate damage by hitting trailer in tow because it opened. Keys fob is left on dash not in pocket or belt and not so tailgate botton can be accidentally pushed which would have two be twice! Ramcare if you are listening! @RamCares Anyone got any thoughts?

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hello so yes I have had the tailgate latch recall done. But still my tailgate continues to open on its own. We have tried just about everything we can think of to eliminate it and it still occasionally opens. Now it has caused tailgate damage by hitting trailer in tow because it opened. Keys fob is left on dash not in pocket or belt and not so tailgate botton can be accidentally pushed which would have two be twice! Ramcare if you are listening! @RamCares Anyone got any thoughts?
Take it back to the dealer who did the recall and complain..

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you did not take it back to the dealer the same week that they supposedly fixed the Tailgate & it dropped, you darn well should have!

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're darn tootn!

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If pulling a trailer en route to the dealer, if you can’t fix it with duct tape, you aren’t trying hard enough.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Please send our team a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares