Navigation System Is Messed Up on My 2019 3500. Insights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Yesterday my navigation system turned squirrely. Command of "navigation" opened it but when I spoke the address, it did not input. Tried several times, all with errors. However, when I spoke "Sprouts Farmers Market," it did give me choices of locations, and route guidance was accurate.

But then, I could not cancel navigation, even though the system recognized my input. The navigation is still on the next day and I had to close the radio so as not to be bothered by the continual, turn here, turn here, etc,

Anyone experience something like this?

Wanted to run this by the Forum before contacting the Dealership, with my extended Mopar Factory warranty,

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Do a factory reset. It'll reboot the entire system and reinstall updates, but it'll almost certainly take care of your issue.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Do a factory reset. It'll reboot the entire system and reinstall updates, but it'll almost certainly take care of your issue.
How is that done? Shouldn't I have the Dealership do that?

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
How is that done? Shouldn't I have the Dealership do that?

You can pay them to do it if you want. It's probably in your manual and it's for sure on Youtube. You just go through the menus and select the correct options, no tools or scanner needed. I have done it twice in my PW when a message gets stuck on the screen, and have to do it about every 4 months or so in my work-mobile because the older version of Ford Sync hates the newest version of Android software.