Need help p0108, lighting bolt and traction light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need help, truck is in limp mode. I have a p0108 code, traction light is on and a flashing lightening bolt. I did a 6.4 manifold swap 2 weeks ago and it’s been running fine since

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
P0108 Map Control Sensor:
What are the common causes of P0108?

Loose connectors, moisture buildup in the wire harness and frayed wires are all common issues that could cause error code P0108. Finally, if your sensor is working properly, there may be a vacuum leak in your engine. Check the vacuum hoses and connectors to ensure a proper seal.

What is the code p108 on a Dodge Ram?

P0108 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit High.Apr 24, 2019

My suggestion check all connections to MAP sensor, if they work ok, maybe hit the Parts Cannon for a new MAP, as in MAP sensor (not MAF).

WHAT year did the manifold come from? From what I am reading the 2 things that do not swap out on a 5.7 to 6.4 intake is PCV and MAP sensor.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FROM ANOTHER FORUM:
So I reinstalled the 5.7L manifold. Car runs smooth. I made sure to do some stop and go driving in my subdivision with lots of downshifting as well as some WOT runs on main roads.

Same driving I did before when I installed the 6.4L manifold, but this time NO CELs.

So I came back home and installed the IAT extension harness to see if I would throw codes. NO CELs.

The only 2 things on the 6.4L manifold that I can think of that would be different than the 5.7L one would be the PCV valve and the MAP sensor. Also, the 6.4L air duct connection to the air box came with an IAT sensor installed in it so I did not use the one from the 5.7L intake tube.

Are there any FCA engineers that could chime in here on the 2015 5.7L models requiring a different MAP sensor than the 6.4L? The 5.7L MAP sensor would not fit in the 6.4L manifold so I ordered a Crown MAP Sensor part # 5033310AB off of JCW. This sensor has the retaining screw hole where the 5.7L sensor just secures into place by twisting. Would this sensor be causing all of this drama?

I'm beginning to think this swap may not work with 2015+ Challengers/Chargers/300s. Could the codes I was throwing be related to the PCM being unable to compensate for the larger amount of air flow? Does that mean I would need to purchase a Diablo Sport PCM and a tune to make this work?

All I could find, BUT I am not a Mechanic.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like different part numbers between 5.7L and 6.4L. I just do not know if U can still swap in or not, or have to go to a 6.4 since U putting in a 6.4 manifold, not a mechanic or good enough backyard guy to help U there, U need somebody else to chime in.

Just posting FYI.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Smith

Matthew Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
P0108 Map Control Sensor:
What are the common causes of P0108?

Loose connectors, moisture buildup in the wire harness and frayed wires are all common issues that could cause error code P0108. Finally, if your sensor is working properly, there may be a vacuum leak in your engine. Check the vacuum hoses and connectors to ensure a proper seal.

What is the code p108 on a Dodge Ram?

P0108 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit High.Apr 24, 2019

My suggestion check all connections to MAP sensor, if they work ok, maybe hit the Parts Cannon for a new MAP, as in MAP sensor (not MAF).

WHAT year did the manifold come from? From what I am reading the 2 things that do not swap out on a 5.7 to 6.4 intake is PCV and MAP sensor.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FROM ANOTHER FORUM:
So I reinstalled the 5.7L manifold. Car runs smooth. I made sure to do some stop and go driving in my subdivision with lots of downshifting as well as some WOT runs on main roads.

Same driving I did before when I installed the 6.4L manifold, but this time NO CELs.

So I came back home and installed the IAT extension harness to see if I would throw codes. NO CELs.

The only 2 things on the 6.4L manifold that I can think of that would be different than the 5.7L one would be the PCV valve and the MAP sensor. Also, the 6.4L air duct connection to the air box came with an IAT sensor installed in it so I did not use the one from the 5.7L intake tube.

Are there any FCA engineers that could chime in here on the 2015 5.7L models requiring a different MAP sensor than the 6.4L? The 5.7L MAP sensor would not fit in the 6.4L manifold so I ordered a Crown MAP Sensor part # 5033310AB off of JCW. This sensor has the retaining screw hole where the 5.7L sensor just secures into place by twisting. Would this sensor be causing all of this drama?

I'm beginning to think this swap may not work with 2015+ Challengers/Chargers/300s. Could the codes I was throwing be related to the PCM being unable to compensate for the larger amount of air flow? Does that mean I would need to purchase a Diablo Sport PCM and a tune to make this work?

All I could find, BUT I am not a Mechanic.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like different part numbers between 5.7L and 6.4L. I just do not know if U can still swap in or not, or have to go to a 6.4 since U putting in a 6.4 manifold, not a mechanic or good enough backyard guy to help U there, U need somebody else to chime in.

Just posting FYI.
I had to swap to the 5.7 sensor had the same fitment