Possible issue with solenoid and P0750 error code causing to go into limp mode.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadow338

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Hello,

My truck switched to limp mode while driving in light traffic right after the engine light came out. No hot temperatures or anything just happened out of the blue.

Drove the truck back home (short distance) and scanned for codes and found code P0750. Searching on some forums, is seems the common cause could be bad wiring or issues with the solenoids but it can also be caused by a bunch of other stuff!

So I took the truck to a local shop with good reviews that works on Dodge/Chrysler.

They were able to test the solenoid(s) by "forcing" them to turn on and off and these came back OK. Then they cleared the code and the truck no longer goes into limp mode however, the scan machine already says there is a pending P0750 code.

They told me that I have two options:

- Take the truck and drive it for a few miles and see if issue comes back again since it seems to be intermittent.
(I found this odd since there is a pending P0750 code already and my understanding is that after a few cycles (miles) the engine light will come out again which will then put the transmission into limp mode again, so not sure what's the point in doing this. I really don't want to drive 40-50miles to find out that the same is happening and then having to drive even more while in limp mode which can just exacerbate the problem.

- Replace the solenoid which only comes in kits. So for the whole solenoid kit install and a transmission fluid replacement they charge $1400.

Is this price fair? Should I be looking at other options? Thank you in advance.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I see than your truck is a 2011 with a 4.7. So, assuming it has a 545rfe transmission
It's depends. It could be fair, considering the labor involved and depending on the parts used.

A transmission filter kit with a shift solenoid will run you about 560.00 for a OEM Mopar kit:

If you shop around and/or go aftermarket, maybe around 300.00 for the parts:

Last edited: