New 4th gen owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V__2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone! I picked up a '13 Express 1500 quad cab a few weeks ago with 102k miles on the clock. It is a fairly clean base model example with only the added katzkin leather seat covers. This is my first Ram overall and my first daily driven truck in about 15 years.

It looks to have decent basic maintenance done, but there are a few things I have taken care of since purchasing. The spark plugs might have been original to the truck, as the electrodes were worn down to an average of .060" and there was a slight misfire at partial load. I replaced them with NGK laser iridium before I read reports that hemi engines don't play well with iridium plugs. They are doing well so far, at least. The original battery died on me yesterday on the first cold morning start of the season. I also noticed the front upper ball joints need to be replaced, so I'll be taking care of those soon. I also noticed a funky cabin drone at highway speed between 74-80mph. I'm assuming an alignment and tire balance after doing the ball joints will take care of that.

The door handle and cowl plastics weren't taken care of very well and were weathered. So I applied some Gtechniq C4 and they look good as new. I also plan to give the paint a good polish because there are automatic car wash swirls that need correction.

Maintenance aside, I installed a RA2 radio and uConnect rearview mirror to get Bluetooth capability and added an OEM backup camera.

IMG_0085.jpg

And the '16 Ford Fiesta ST that I'm coming from. About 2500lbs less and 35 fewer HP. The transition has been interesting, but I don't have people trying to race me at every stoplight and haven't been cut off in traffic daily since taking delivery on the Ram, so that's been nice.

rps20170611_163213.jpg

Last edited:

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the Ramily!!
Nice looking truck!

Graygoose