New here. Just bought a 2017 Laramie with 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonnyquest69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've had the truck about a month now. Bought it on eBay and had it shipped from Texas to Northern Wisconsin.
It's super clean, loaded with options and is amazing to drive.
I was driving a loaded 2003 Chevy Avalanche as my daily driver for many years and absolutely love that truck. But 200k miles, and some rust developing, it was time to pull the trigger on something newer.
I'm not a fanboy of any particular brand - I looked at the big 3 and even a few Tundras. The main that that sold me on the Ram was the one thing that really grew on me with the Avalanche - Side tool boxes/Ram Box.
I hate clutter in the back seat, and I like to carry tow straps, cargo straps, jumper cables, tools, and first aid kit with me all the time. Some of the new Silverado High Countries have a side box system, but it doesn't look as good as the Ram's. I couldn't find anything for Ford or Toyota.
I'll miss the convenience of the Avy's mid-gate for hauling long boards and tent camping with the OEM tent, but I have trailers for the bigger stuff and don't really tent camp as much as I used to.

Are there any things I need to watch for on my truck? Any must have mods or must-do preventative maintenance?

It will mostly be a daily driver - bout 50 miles a day on avg. Maybe a few road trips per year. Towing will be light most of the time - maybe pull the skid steer once or twice a year.

I've seen some discussion about the hemi "tick". Pretty sure I have it. I don't let the truck idle too much, but was hoping to take advantage of the remote start in the winter to heat it up before going home. Maybe I'll just not do that and rely on the heated seats.

Also seen some youtube videos of guys in Canada having issues with the air suspension in the winter. I'll have it parked in a heated garage, but at work it will be out in the cold all day. Not sure what to do about that.

Anyway - I'm glad to be part of the group. Looking forward to reading the forums.

Pics of my truck are at this link as long as ebay keeps it up -
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...=171999&pm=1&ds=0&t=1592701990420&cspheader=1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500