New.....ish member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guiselman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bought a used 2017 Ram 2500 (Absolute bare bones)Tradesman 4X4 Cummins 6.7 last year. First diesel and really like it so far. Had a 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with a 5.7 Hemi, bought new from dealer. Best truck I've ever had. Daily driver for 14+ years and a ton of mods and never any serious issues.

This website is great, have already done several mods to the 2017 that I could have never done without the information found on here.

Mods so far: Added overhead console with compass module and OEM phone mics in headliner. Tow mirrors with turn signals and puddle lights. Switched RA1 to RA2 with backup camera. Didn't care for the small screen so installed 8.4 Uconnect with NAV from a wrecked 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, upgrade to 7 speed fan control. Installed steering wheel controls for radio. S&B Cold Air Intake. EGR/DEF delete with 5" pipe from turbo. Installed 7 inch gas EVIC to delete DEF gauge. Added TMPS that original owner removed for some odd reason. Enabled OEM remote start and alarm. Modified rear seat to fold down for storage access.

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well, it seems it has taken you over a year to make your first post. Don't be so shy :p. Have any good pics of your truck you care to share?

OP
OP
Guiselman

Guiselman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not shy, just not much of a making post kind of guy I guess. I will work on the pictures, really don't have many of the new truck yet.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the ram forum!

DJ18hemi1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a used 2017 Ram 2500 (Absolute bare bones)Tradesman 4X4 Cummins 6.7 last year. First diesel and really like it so far. Had a 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with a 5.7 Hemi, bought new from dealer. Best truck I've ever had. Daily driver for 14+ years and a ton of mods and never any serious issues.

This website is great, have already done several mods to the 2017 that I could have never done without the information found on here.

Mods so far: Added overhead console with compass module and OEM phone mics in headliner. Tow mirrors with turn signals and puddle lights. Switched RA1 to RA2 with backup camera. Didn't care for the small screen so installed 8.4 Uconnect with NAV from a wrecked 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, upgrade to 7 speed fan control. Installed steering wheel controls for radio. S&B Cold Air Intake. EGR/DEF delete with 5" pipe from turbo. Installed 7 inch gas EVIC to delete DEF gauge. Added TMPS that original owner removed for some odd reason. Enabled OEM remote start and alarm. Modified rear seat to fold down for storage access.
Seems like a great way to build your truck one mod at a time!

Charles Sickmeier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Question, I also have a 2017 Tradesman and was wondering if the harness supported the compass and mics or did you have to replace it?

OP
OP
Guiselman

Guiselman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My truck was absolute bare bones. Came with the RA1 radio (3 inch), no overhead console or compass module. I got the overhead console and the needed harnesses from a junk yard. The harness for the overhead console and compass module included the phone mics. In 2017 they moved the mics from the rearview mirror to the headliner. Look for a wrecked Laramie on car-part.com. I say this because that harness will have everything incase you want to upgrade more that just the overhead console and phone mics. They don't usually offer the headliner harness by itself because its glued to the headliner. Hit up a few yards with an offer and one will take it, that's what I did. A lot of them wanted me to buy the whole headliner, so keep at it you'll find someone willing to separate it for you.