New member... Got a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArmRippinToys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1989
Engine
So I'm a new member here, I use to be a die hard Ford guy but was recently converted to mopar... With that said I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Express CC, its my first brand new truck and I've had it about 3 months now and love it, so far I had a muffler delete done, tinted the tailights and third brake light shaved some badges and painted others myself and just got camo browning floor mats with matching steering wheel cover up front and the one piece all whether dodge floor mat in the back, also had a spray in bed liner and under coating done and since I live up here in AK a factory installed auto start was a must. I'll throw up some pics and start a build thread here soon, next things on the list to be done this summer is a Vararam intake, camo seat covers, window tint 5% back 20% front, shave the HEMI badges custom shield badges front and back that say "project blue ram" as thats what I deemed this build. This leads me in to my question I was Planning on running a set of ARH headers with cats and Y Pipe and all because I considered supercharging down the road when a tuner becomes available, so where can I find a power wire? Also still not set on the ARH's, JBA's are a possibility, where's a good place to find those? Finally any other mods worth doing performance wise that don't require a tuner? I do a lot of light to light or couple mile straight street racing so anything that would help along those lines? I know it's a truck but it sure does eat up a lot of little ricers

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to Rf. Other will chime in, but my thought is without a tuner it sounds like you got it covered or planned already.

OP
OP
ArmRippinToys

ArmRippinToys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1989
Engine
There's a few things you could do to free up a bit more like

- Throttle body from fastman or Modern Muscle
- Magnaflow y-pipe part #10778
- V6 efan conversion
- gears

You happen to know what gears came stock with this truck? And I plan on staying right around stOck tire size when i do rims and tires so maybe 4:10 is gears is about as tall as I'd want on this thing?

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
If you didn't specifically see the option of a 3.92 limited slip on your window sticker then it's got the 3.55 rear end. And welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

671offroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the site! Good luck on your build!

OP
OP
ArmRippinToys

ArmRippinToys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1989
Engine
To be honest I don't remember now, I'll have to see if I still got the window sticker with my truck paper work

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
No power wires for these newer trucks, but don't fret someone will figure out the tuning pretty soon. Gears, and those headers will be your biggest gains. Welcome to RF!

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could have 3.21, 3.55, or 3.92. You can crawl under and there will be a sticker on the rear end stating what you have. Honestly I wouldn't do the jba shorties as shorties don't seem to gain much power and you can do srt8 manifolds for less. The ARH long tubes show gains of around 20-30 rwhp untuned and about the same rwtq gains

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to Ram and RamForum.

May I introduce you to one of my most favorite keys. "Enter"
Makes posts FAR easier to read.