Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Purchased a 2024 1500 Quad Cab Bighorn 4WD. Went with bench front seat, V6, (ordered from factory early Sept., Delivered December.)
Installed Access Literider roll up bed cover, Rokblokz mud flaps, front & rear, 2 Weathetech front floor mats (not the single long floor mat that covers the hump), not sure why but several Mopar and other running boards note that they can’t be installed on 1500 Quad Cab if one has front mud flaps. While interior storage is pretty good, disappointed that truck bed does not have storage area. (My 2013 Tacoma had two enclosed areas suitable for storing items such as cargo straps, bungee cords, duct tape etc ). Over the past decade, Have gotten used to doors unlocking as long as you have key fob in pocket when you touch handle. Despite optional sophisticated electronics features, key fob must be used to unlock doors. A minor issue but a feature that has been around for a decade or more. V6 is appropriate for my needs, often get low to mid 20’s fuel mileage, better than my Tacoma got. Truck rides extremely well and quiet. State of the art Safety features much appreciated. Disappointed that vinyl seat covers were not available, only cloth. Tires not very aggressive for a 4WD; presumably they’re designed for higher fuel mileage

As i keep vehicles for an average of 10 years or more, i got the 10 year extended warranty due to all of the sophisticated (and expensive to replace) electronic features (particularly in light of the high level of inflation).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deercamp

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the “Welcomes”. Look forward to networking with members regarding any issues that surface and recommendations regarding aftermarket optional equipment.

Note- Appears there are no tow hooks under front or rear of truck. (The front air dam would interfere with an attempt to hitch a tow line and tow from the front.) I installed a 10,000 lb. capacity Reese tow loop in the trailer hitch (Photo below). The loop does not rattle an affords a degree of protection for bumper in those instances in which inconsiderate motorists don’t mind tapping the bumpers of vehicles when exiting a parking slot.

Attachments

• IMG_5836.jpeg
    IMG_5836.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Note- Haven’t been under truck yet but haven’t seen any sign of front or rear tow hooks, so i just picked up a 10,000 lb. Capacity Reese tow loop for trailer hitch at Tractor Supply (Photo below)

Front hooks are their own option, and if they aren't immediately visible then you most likely don't have them. Fortunately, 4wd pick ups have enough ground clearance to crawl under and rigid parts to tie to that you can usually get by without them. The loop in the rear is a good idea though as the hitch is the best place to pull on the rear.

OP
OP
Deercamp

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed a Du-Ha storage unit under rear seat. Installation easy, requires removing 2 18 mm bolts that hold down seat. Bolts are then reinstalled, securing storage unit in place. Stored items out of sight, unit has provision for two shotguns or rifles in padded supports. This unit helps make up for the absence of a storage area in the bed. If you’re handy you could make a storage unit, however this unit blends in with rear seat base and at first glance does not appear to be a storage unit. Worth the $190 in my mind.

Attachments

• IMG_5445.jpeg
    IMG_5445.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5446.jpeg
    IMG_5446.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member