New owner with question on mudguards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12gram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a 6in lifted 2012 express model crew cab 2 days ago the truck has 35in terra graps, just interested on what is the best deal to protect my paint from rock chips, would splash guards help or fender flares, i have no idea which rout to go just want to start protecting the paint before the situation get worse

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Do the tires stick out past the fender?

OP
OP

12gram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yea they stick out about 1 1/5in i really dont want the flares i just dont want the rocks from these back roads getting thrown all down the side of the truck. (experience from owning a black lifted titan)

OP
OP

12gram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
also has anyone tried the clear film on any places of their trucks thinking abut a strip along the front of the hood

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
also has anyone tried the clear film on any places of their trucks thinking abut a strip along the front of the hood

We have the entire front of our truck covered in 3M film; first 18" of the hood, grille crosshairs, bumper, headlights, foglights and leading edges of rear fenders and rear bumper.
If installed well, its invisible, much harder to pit with rocks and makes it super easy to wash bugs and road crap off. I wouldn't have a new vehicle without it.
My $.02

OP
OP

12gram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have the entire front of our truck covered in 3M film; first 18" of the hood, grille crosshairs, bumper, headlights, foglights and leading edges of rear fenders and rear bumper.
If installed well, its invisible, much harder to pit with rocks and makes it super easy to wash bugs and road crap off. I wouldn't have a new vehicle without it.
My $.02

did you have a professional install it? I wonder if a tint shop would do it

i guess i just have new truck fever trying to do all i can to protect it