New Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello new to the forum. I just purchased a 2006 Ram, I wanted to replace the after market radio in the truck and radio bezel since it was broke. Well I found a bezel local,but it had the big opening in it instead of the stock radio bezel,with the half moon cut out in the bezel. I bought a radio from Walmart that I thought was big enough for the cut out in the bezel, yea the radio only took up half of the opening. So I purchased the filler piece and it’s still isn’t right. What radio can I get that will fit in this bezel and have navigation? Please help

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you want a MOPAR unit the REC/NAV unit with 6 CD changer & navigation will fit. I did this retrofit to my 2007 Ram MegaCan.

I got this bezel from MoparParts:

53.jpg

I got a REC/NAV head unit that had been refurbished online:

50.jpg

I got a Metra antenna adapter & a navigation antenna from Crutchfield. Both were installed in the dash behind the head unit.

I also purchased a REC/NAV maps DVD on eBay. That disc goes in teh slot between the volume and tuning buttons.

From there it was pretty much plug and play:

34.jpg

32.jpg

31.jpg

29.jpg

22.jpg

OP
OP
R

Redsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you have to buy any special thing to install, I’ve heard of a locker? Picker or mygig something. I just want to install a radio exactly like you have it. Just a plug and go. Do I have to get that radio? Is their any other radios that fit, that have navigation? Thanks for replying.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Lockpick adapter is to retrofit a MyGig unit. The RER is the ONLY head unit that friggin big to fit your dash panel exactly. Unfortunately it is quite dated, no map updates for a while (requires a nav DVD in it) and isn't touchscreen. Your choice lol.