New Ram owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccabico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings! New Ram owner due to some idiot failing to yield on a L turn and my taco plowed through the young gun driving. Didn’t want a monthly payment so bought a used one which is usually not my type of vehicle shopping. Former navy active duty poor college student with 2 yrs left on my bachelors in cyber security.

2013 Ram 1500 3.6 17k$$$ decent price? LMK if that’s a rip off I’ll slap myself. Came with 114k miles 6” RC lift 3/4 tread life 35’s iron man M/T’s. Apparently new radiator and tensioner pulley and belts due to the pulley giving out at 80k mi. Oh and method wheels the millennial age chrome and black (I’m a more bullet hole classic guy and prefer chrome) BTW interior was immaculate and exterior was 99% perfect.

Did a mild tune up new Iridium NGK plugs. Upgraded the oil cooler to an all aluminum body one since there was an oil leak(very minor) but long term residual effects present, new fuel injectors, new thermostat and housing (Doorman) due to rad hose giving out on me 2k miles later of owning, new lower rad water pump hose because why not also, KN cold air intake, coolant flush, trans fluid flush and filter pan replacement, and new front and rear gear oil, oil change (always stuck with Mobil), and lastly about to change out the xfer case fluid with Redline C+.

Just needing this truck to last another 100k then I’ll be in the market for a 2500 or used 1500 eco diesel since 2023 current year we re in is it’s last production. I don’t tow much but it’s possible in the future who knows what the future lies. Always wanted horses and a large camper for road trips.

Again, greetings I pray I don’t have to resort too much in the near future for repair help. Somewhat mechanically inclined and did all the above mods myself.

OP
OP
ccabico

ccabico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings! New Ram owner due to some idiot failing to yield on a L turn and my taco plowed through the young gun driving. Didn’t want a monthly payment so bought a used one which is usually not my type of vehicle shopping. Former navy active duty poor college student with 2 yrs left on my bachelors in cyber security.

2013 Ram 1500 3.6 17k$$$ decent price? LMK if that’s a rip off I’ll slap myself. Came with 114k miles 6” RC lift 3/4 tread life 35’s iron man M/T’s. Apparently new radiator and tensioner pulley and belts due to the pulley giving out at 80k mi. Oh and method wheels the millennial age chrome and black (I’m a more bullet hole classic guy and prefer chrome) BTW interior was immaculate and exterior was 99% perfect.

Did a mild tune up new Iridium NGK plugs. Upgraded the oil cooler to an all aluminum body one since there was an oil leak(very minor) but long term residual effects present, new fuel injectors, new thermostat and housing (Doorman) due to rad hose giving out on me 2k miles later of owning, new lower rad water pump hose because why not also, KN cold air intake, coolant flush, trans fluid flush and filter pan replacement, and new front and rear gear oil, oil change (always stuck with Mobil), and lastly about to change out the xfer case fluid with Redline C+.

Just needing this truck to last another 100k then I’ll be in the market for a 2500 or used 1500 eco diesel since 2023 current year we re in is it’s last production. I don’t tow much but it’s possible in the future who knows what the future lies. Always wanted horses and a large camper for road trips.

Again, greetings I pray I don’t have to resort too much in the near future for repair help. Somewhat mechanically inclined and did all the above mods myself.
Exterior mods I forgot I added to truck was a ranch black diamond plate steel bumper and fab4 ranch front bumper. My taco that wrecked had an arb front overland bumper that saved my truck 5 times from plowing through deer not a single scratch and during the wreck so I figured all trucks I own from them on will have a full hoop overland type safari trek type front bumper lol

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

Exterior mods I forgot I added to truck was a ranch black diamond plate steel bumper and fab4 ranch front bumper. My taco that wrecked had an arb front overland bumper that saved my truck 5 times from plowing through deer not a single scratch and during the wreck so I figured all trucks I own from them on will have a full hoop overland type safari trek type front bumper lol
Pics or it didn't happen! ;-) Welcome!