new to me truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny Right

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everybody. I recently purchased a 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4x4 with the 5.7L. 41,000 miles. I'm getting the " service 4x4 system" warning light on my dash display. The 4x4 is not available. At least the indicator light doesn't come on when I turn the dial to 4x4 lock. I've searched the forum and the web in general, and this seems to be a problem that goes back at least 10 model years. No two people who have had it got it corrected in the same way. Am, I reading that correctly? It could be a transfer case, a control motor, the wiring harness, wheel speed sensors. ????? Nobody at Dodge Ram ever figured out how to stop this issue? The truck appears to have had the transfer case replaced once already. I'm supposed to have warranty on the drivetrain from the dealer, plus extended warranty that I purchased for another 100,000 miles. Are they really just going to throw parts at it till something works? I'm afraid they're going to try to get out of correcting this. Does anyone know of a solution?

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear about your problem. I had a '14 before this truck but I never had that issue. At least you have a warranty. Go ahead and use it. That's what you're paying for.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.