New to the forum, have a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VeroTheFirst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Hi everyone, just joined this forum. I currently own a 2016 1500 Limited LNG 4x4 Crew, this is my 2nd Ram and still in love! A couple of days ago, my front driver side window shattered while the power window was going up. No previous issues, noises, nothing. I was pulling out of the ATM, pulled the button once to close the window, and suddenly a huge bag and glass shattering noise inside the door while the upper half of the window remained intact. The loud bag scared the life out of me I thought something was thrown at my window at first. Anyone familiar with this? I cannot find any info hence joined this group. Thank you all! Have a safe week.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum!
I had that exact same thing happen to my 89 TBird many years ago. Never did figure out exactly what happened, but once glass was replaced no further issues.

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have seen tempered glass shatter like that after getting a deep scratch

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Welcome to the group bummer about the window ! I have No clue on what happened so I am no help

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you use a Sunshade for your windshield, with that extreme sun you get there you should try to keep the interior as cool as possible, even if it means leaving a few windows partially cracked, i would tint your door windows, when I lived in Florida my windshield shattered because of extreme interior heat, the installer suggested what I discussed here. Welcome to the Ram Forum!!!!

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
@VeroTheFirst Welcome to RamForum. I'll be moving this thread over to the 4th Gen section, you'll get some more views/responses.

REDinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew
Engine
5.7 2wd 3.92
and no issues were discovered with the window regulator???

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
Mine was on our 08 Honda civic. Drove through a construction zone and heard a rock hit the drivers window. A short distance later (less than 5 minutes) the window disintegrated into a million small pieces.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would suspect that there was some previous damage to the window, such as a rock chip or something, that you didn't notice. The simple act of rolling the window down and up probably put enough stress on that damage/chip to cause the issue. When the window is replaced it would be worthwhile to take a quick look to make sure nothing is going on inside the door. The door panel and everything will be off anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963