Newbie. 2/4 drop advice.. possibly cut to 3/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

esaenz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2017 5.7L crewcab. I am looking for an affordable kit. I see a belltech kit for $445 on americantrucks website. Do I need aftermarket shocks? this is a daily driver.

Or does anyone have a used kit for sale?

Advice on cutting? Good or bad idea?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Cutting, depends on the spring. I would not cut the stock springs in case you want to go back to stock.

The BT 2/4 kit is a good starting point. Cutting the rear springs to make the kit a 2 /5 is ok. If you want a 3/5 or 4/6, I would recommend a different kit.

If I was new to the lowered game, the BT kit is the way to go. Nothing that cannot be reversed if you don't like it and it doesn’t overly affect alignment so it is an easy option.

In addition you can buy the kit with shocks if you need them, otherwise stock will work but will not be optimal. Most people replace the stock shocks with those designed for a lowered truck, but it doesn't need to be day 1. Although I would recommend day 1 replacement if you can swing it..

Good luck with your choice.

Last edited: