No Haynes (or similar) repair manuals for 5th gens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have always purchased a Haynes manual for my trucks after warranty is expired and I have to do most repairs on my own. Even if the repair is on YouTube, I've still found these manuals helpful to fill in details, torque specs, maintenance interval suggestions, etc.

I have been unable to find a Haynes or similar manual (Chilten, etc) for my 2020. Anybody know of a manual that exists for them? Also, curious if anybody knows why it appears there are no Haynes manuals for these (yet)?

Last edited:

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The last time that i bought a printed Shop manual, it was 5 full sized books, there were about an inch & a half thick

For my 2009 Ram, i bought the Shop manual on CD
I think that i paid $140
There was a trick to view it, you had to have a program named something like Adobe Reader to view it.

Now with Windows 10, you can open Internet Explorer & the reader can be found in there, that makes it easier to open than it did in 2010

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just bought a stereo receiver and the manual is 312pages on line only. A nightmare trying to set up and find things especially when one little misstep and you have to back track through what you did to find out what you did wrong. A book I can easily dog ear a page or put a book marker in one page to flip back and forth when going through steps to do a procedure.

OP
OP
Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks like they are going digital for all their new manuals. That being said, I can't find a digital copy either.

For my 2009 Ram, i bought the Shop manual on CD

Interesting. I wonder if I'd be better off just trying to find an actual shop manual. I'm assuming that would be digital as well.

If anybody has recommendations on ANY good manual for 5th gen Rams, please let me know!

Thanks guys

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haynes manuals suck anyway

Yup they are hot garbage. Specially the ones for our trucks.

I cant believe people actually buy them when the PDF are free on this forum.

Im sure the 5th Gens PDFs will be out soon on Torrent sites, Ive been looking for it to add to my files.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Haynes manuals have been helpful for me in the past, especially before the internet came along. But because they often cover a wide range of years and models, they can also be a waste of paper. I've had better luck with youtube videos to be honest. But my preference is an actual shop manual if I'm doing serious work myself.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely, a paper manual is nice to have. I've gotten used to digital manuals (for consumer products) though, more than I thought I would. For a car ...depends on how often a guy will look at it. Would be nice to have the option to buy a 'book' manual though for the Rams.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I set up a wall mount tablet in my shop :head3:

CTRL F and you find **** in seconds. I will never go back to paper manuals.

Im even thinking of getting a 42" TV and Laptop now... lol... :p

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
You guys ever heard of printers. I have a ton of digital manuals, I print out the apropriate sections as I need them and keep them in labelled, expandable holders for later use. Lots of those expandable holders only have one or two chapters in them. If they get big enough I swap them into a 3 ring binder of appropriate size.Takes up a lot less room than storing all the old full size books.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You guys ever heard of printers. I have a ton of digital manuals, I print out the apropriate sections as I need them and keep them in labelled, expandable holders for later use. Lots of those expandable holders only have one or two chapters in them. If they get big enough I swap them into a 3 ring binder of appropriate size.Takes up a lot less room than storing all the old full size books.
You obviously have too much time on your hands. :p

Seriously though, I admire your organizational skills. No way I'd take the time or patience to do something like that. At best I'd have a drawer full of old printed sheets in no particular order. If I need access to a manual for something I'm working on I just take my ipad out to the garage and use that. Works for referring to youtube videos too.

OP
OP
Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Haynes manuals have been helpful for me in the past, especially before the internet came along. But because they often cover a wide range of years and models, they can also be a waste of paper. I've had better luck with youtube videos to be honest. But my preference is an actual shop manual if I'm doing serious work myself.

I've used them on two trucks. I totally get what people are saying about them sucking, but back 12+ years ago when there wasn't as much on YouTube, and I wasn't as savvy about using it, they at a bare minimum saved me some time finding where certain things are on my truck and sped up repairs.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You may not find a third party service manual for DTs...ever.

The service diagnostic and literature is a proprietary document. Auto manufacturers will sell copies of the service literature (repair procedures) and one is available for owners through Tech Authority.

Diagnostics is a little different story since the procedures are written to interface with and be used by FCA's proprietary diagnostic tool. Companies like Snap On and others that market their own diagnostic tool, pay large sums for the software rights to duplicate.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 81552 miles

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Haynes or Chiltons manuals aren't renowned for their diagnostics assistance. Sure, there is often a troubshooting flow chart or something similar, but that's just a minute section of those manuals. They're more for steps to follow for replacing something that you've already diagnosed as needing replacement. Or engine and transmission overhaul procedures. How to take the dash apart.

williscreg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone can point me in the right direction where i can find a Haynes manuals online.
For all those who are just looking for a digital copy of online manuals, here is a good source - Dodge repair manuals. It is easy to download a copy there in pdf format and it doesn't cost a thing.

Last edited:

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Williscreg, Your site is not free they make you pay for the manual. Has anyone actually used this site and is it legit? Actually they call it a donation.

Last edited: