No running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BudsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Hey All,
Turn signals and brake lights work. Trailer grounded from trailer harness to frame, lights grounded to trailer frame. All truck fuses are good. New 7/4 pin connector.

No running lights.

Help....?

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I would check to make sure you've got power on the correct pin when the truck's lights are on.

Then I would hook a battery direct to the trailer plug, positive to the running light pin, negative to ground, and see if they light up.

If you don't have power to the running light pin on the truck you've got a wiring problem in the truck, could be broken wire, incorrectly wired plug, hard to say. I have also heard that some years, the charge pin doesn't get powered unless the truck is running, but I'm not 100% on that and don't know if it would affect the running lights.

If you put power to the running light pin on the trailer and they don't light up, you've got a trailer wiring problem. Not uncommon on older trailers.