No volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Petek702

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just checked for a similar problem, didn't find anything. I have a 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. I had an issue with the 8.4 screen delaminating, purchased a new digitizer, replaced it, no volume. Everything else works great. Called the company, they sent me a new one. Great, replaced it, no volume. Put the original one in, no volume. I have checked all the fuse I seen related to the audio system. I have no aftermarket electronics except off road lights. Any help would be appreciated.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That is a tough one. Was the 8.4 an original unit, or is it an upgrade from original sale?

If you post pictures of the two part and serial numbers someone with more experience could tell you if maybe there radios are not exact matches and perhaps the replacement is attempting to send signal to speakers on the wrong wires.

OP
OP
P

Petek702

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Original 8.4. Would have to take it apart for the numbers. All.this happened after I replaced just the digitizer screen. Radio itself is still Original.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ahhh....

The best I can say is that either something happened with the wires in the harness when you took it out and plugged it all back in, or maybe during the screen replacement some static electricity or some defect in the screen caused the sound problem. There is the possibility that the replacement digitizer isn't compatible and by installing the first replacement it caused a problem elsewhere that isn't resolved by changing it out even with original.

Not 100% sure if backwards compatible but you could try finding a 5.0 radio and installing to see if the audio comes back. I have seen people offer them for free in here in the past, just pay shipping. I had one but gave it away. Perhaps someone else can speak to if they are backwards compatible. Sorry I can't help more, buy not sure how to test this.

One last suggestion is that I have had great luck with a company called United radio in Syracuse NY. They repaired a couple auto units for me years ago and were top notch. You could contact them and see if they would repair your unit (they used to diagnose for a fee and then let you know cost). https://www.unitedradio.com/

Good luck