No volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Petek702

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just checked for a similar problem, didn't find anything. I have a 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. I had an issue with the 8.4 screen delaminating, purchased a new digitizer, replaced it, no volume. Everything else works great. Called the company, they sent me a new one. Great, replaced it, no volume. Put the original one in, no volume. I have checked all the fuse I seen related to the audio system. I have no aftermarket electronics except off road lights. Any help would be appreciated.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If U turn on radio, can U see indicators ref audio lines/bars that allegedly show an output? Is it possible U missed a connection ref output/audio? There are a lot of sound guru's on this forum can help U more than this 1/2 deaf Boird, lol.

if radio fires up, and U can see all different indicators, stations, and and, gotta be an output issue to speakers, Now did U have the fancy amp'd up system or just say a basic 6 speaker? Cause then if U got the fancy system me thinks something not routed correctly (audio output), going to amp before speakers. But I am just clucking around out loud, one of the Audio Guru's need to chime in.

OP
OP
P

Petek702

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a basic 6 speaker. I didn't touch anything but the radio itself to replace the digitizer screen. I checked the wiring on the back and didn't see any damage or any other issues.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You gonna have to reach out to one of the Audio guru's. I have never pulled ne of the RAM's I have owned systems. Sorry, cannot be any more help. Exactly which radio head did you put in yer truck? Did U check and see if it was RAM Compatible?

Does the screen fire up, and show all functions like stations, displays, volumes???

HEY, one of the Audio Guru's. Can somebody chime in and help this new Member?

OP
OP
P

Petek702

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It wasn't a whole radio, just the screen. The radio itself is original. EVERYTHING works except volume. When you work all the functions, they operate as designed. Even the volume shows that it is going up and down. The climate control operates, settings functions, everything works. I do appreciate the time sir. Hopefully someone has had a similar experience and can guide me.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It wasn't a whole radio, just the screen. The radio itself is original. EVERYTHING works except volume. When you work all the functions, they operate as designed. Even the volume shows that it is going up and down. The climate control operates, settings functions, everything works. I do appreciate the time sir. Hopefully someone has had a similar experience and can guide me.
OK, hopefully somebody chime in. Hacks: Did U try a reset of the radio? Not talking negative cable, talking reset. There are several ways, Youtube for info.

Last edited: