Not sure what's going on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Earl Carothers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Small Block Mopar Magnum
I have a 95 ram 1500 withe the 5.9l, have recently had it completely rebuilt/balanced. Had a bigger cam put in, 52mm straight bore throttle body, was bored over by .03, k&n cold air intake, aftermarket mcu, gibson shorty headers.
At around 80 to 85mph or up, if i let off the gas pedal just slightly or completely it feels as if something is catching almost, RPMs dont lurch or change, engine doesnt make any unusual noises. Just a noticeable motion of the truck almost as if the brakes were being engaged quickly and then released.
Any ideas as to what it could be?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does the truck decelerate faster than usual? You said it has a noticeable motion? What kind of motion? Does the front end of the truck nosedive? Does the rear fell really loose? What is actually happening?

Is this something we would notice if you were to record a short video of it happening and posting it to the thread?

OP
OP
E

Earl Carothers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Small Block Mopar Magnum
It doesn't decelerate any quicker than normal, that's noticeable at least. The motion is almost like a jerking motion/feeling. Thinking either something in the rear end or transmission in catching. If I were to record it I don't believe that it would be noticeable within the video to human eyes or ears at least.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It doesn't decelerate any quicker than normal, that's noticeable at least. The motion is almost like a jerking motion/feeling. Thinking either something in the rear end or transmission in catching. If I were to record it I don't believe that it would be noticeable within the video to human eyes or ears at least.

Is this truck an automatic or a manual? If it's an automatic, did you do any trans work or performance improvements while doing the engine work? Maybe a new torque converter?

Does it feel like the torque converter clutch is being release and then applied? Do you have access to a scan tool to monitor the TCC application?