Oem Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Hi everyone, I don't know if this the right place to ask this, I'm new to ram since our family owns first a ford ranger but I and my brother are planning to change the car mat because the previous owner changes it, therefore, we are confused if we should get a carpet material or the rubber one we look online https://www.ramsareus.com/part/floor-mats.html and it seems a little more difference. what would be the fit for our 2019 Ram 1500.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone, I don't know if this the right place to ask this, I'm new to ram since our family owns first a ford ranger but I and my brother are planning to change the car mat because the previous owner changes it, therefore, we are confused if we should get a carpet material or the rubber one we look online https://www.ramsareus.com/part/floor-mats.html and it seems a little more difference. what would be the fit for our 2019 Ram 1500.

Congrats on your first ram purchase. From the link you provided, they had options for the different levels of rams (1500/2500/3500 etc), and for the 1500 they had options for the 1500 ds and dt. DS and DT designate the generation of ram, DT being 4th gen rams (2009-present as the "classic") and the DS being the new 5th generation (2019-present). You did not say which one you had, but if your avatar picture is of your ram, then you have the older style 4th generation DT "classic".

For future parts ordering, always look for the DT or "classic" designation. Or it may just be easier to order for a 2018 ram (pre 5th gen being offered so no confusion) to avoid possibly getting the incorrect parts. Also, for using the forum if you have the DT, I would suggest posting over in the 4th gen section. Tons of info over there since these trucks have been in production for 12+ years at this point and lots of helpful people.

It can be a little confusing to new comers since they make both the DT and DS concurrently, and I believe they are still making the classics as of the 21 model year.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Congrats on your first ram purchase. From the link you provided, they had options for the different levels of rams (1500/2500/3500 etc), and for the 1500 they had options for the 1500 ds and dt. DS and DT designate the generation of ram, DT being 4th gen rams (2009-present as the "classic") and the DS being the new 5th generation (2019-present). You did not say which one you had, but if your avatar picture is of your ram, then you have the older style 4th generation DT "classic".

For future parts ordering, always look for the DT or "classic" designation. Or it may just be easier to order for a 2018 ram (pre 5th gen being offered so no confusion) to avoid possibly getting the incorrect parts. Also, for using the forum if you have the DT, I would suggest posting over in the 4th gen section. Tons of info over there since these trucks have been in production for 12+ years at this point and lots of helpful people.

It can be a little confusing to new comers since they make both the DT and DS concurrently, and I believe they are still making the classics as of the 21 model year.
You have that backwards Joe. DT is the 5th gen or new body style (new Ram 1500), and DS is the 4th gen or Classic body style (Ram 1500 Classic). DT = 5th gen. DS = 4th gen.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have that backwards Joe. DT is the 5th gen or new body style (new Ram 1500), and DS is the 4th gen or Classic body style (Ram 1500 Classic). DT = 5th gen. DS = 4th gen.

Thanks for the correction, memory fails me sometimes!