Off Road Package Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotdogr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I currently have a 2021 Laramie loaded which also includes the off road package.
Besides the standard skid plates underneath I know this upgrade had better shocks and about 1/2' raised ride height.
I don't know if the ride height is done with just the shocks or if the springs are better.
What is awesome is that with the standard all season tires I have gotten tons of compliments of how great this truck rides. "Super Smooth".

I am getting ready to trade in for a new 24 Limited Longhorn with the Southfork Interior and everything I currently have: But it doesn't have the Off Road Package.
Does any here know exactly what the OFF ROAD Package parts list involves?
I would like to see if I can get the same feel and ride height as I currently have in my current ride.
Also, are the frames pre-drilled so that I might be able to transfer the skid plates from my old truck to the new one?
Any help would be appreciated!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would imagine you could talk to the dealership to add the package. It may be a bit more expensive but you’ll know you’re getting the same parts as your current truck.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I currently have a 2021 Laramie loaded which also includes the off road package.
Besides the standard skid plates underneath I know this upgrade had better shocks and about 1/2' raised ride height.
I don't know if the ride height is done with just the shocks or if the springs are better.
What is awesome is that with the standard all season tires I have gotten tons of compliments of how great this truck rides. "Super Smooth".

I am getting ready to trade in for a new 24 Limited Longhorn with the Southfork Interior and everything I currently have: But it doesn't have the Off Road Package.
Does any here know exactly what the OFF ROAD Package parts list involves?
I would like to see if I can get the same feel and ride height as I currently have in my current ride.
Also, are the frames pre-drilled so that I might be able to transfer the skid plates from my old truck to the new one?
Any help would be appreciated!

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
According to the sales brochure, its skids plates, different shocks, and more aggressive tires.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe it also includes the eLocker. At least it did in ‘22. One thing to know about this package, there are 4 ride heights, not 5 as on trucks without it. Each setting is about 1” taller than non ORG trucks I believe and there is no off road 2 height setting.

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
I just took possession of a 2023 Laramie 2500 so the info might be slightly different than the 1500 but the off road package on mine, for $495, window sticker says Hill Descent Control, Front and rear performance shocks, Tow Hooks and Transfer case skid-plate shield. I looked at the skid plate shield and was surprised at how light duty the metal is for something that might hit rocks, etc. but should protect the case in most instances. Another option on the truck is LT275/70R18E OWL On/Off road tires for $295. I believe the only difference in those is 17 to 18 inch and all season vs On/off road tires. Still has the dreaded Firestone tires which are quiet and decent in rain but will get you stuck (almost) in sand off road. Ask me how I know?:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357