Oil Temp Sensor Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubberneck7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Hi guys, I'm new on here but I have question about my 2014 Dodge Ram with 3.6L Pentastar. I started going through a ton of oil and figured out after saturationg the driveway that it was my oil filter housing that was leaking. I replaced it yesterday and there is no leakage, however, about a week ago, my check engine came on and the code was for oil temp sensor low. I'm guessing the oil temp sensor is the same sensor as the oil pressure sensor? Anyway, after I replaced it, I got the same code. The new filter housing/oil pump is oem so I'm doubting it would be a bad sensor, but I don't know. Could it be the wiring to the sensor? I'm lost and don't know where to start. My tags are expired but can't get through emissions with a check engine light.
If anyone has any advice of what it could be or where I should start, it would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!!!

Kswem22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
hi there! were you able to solve this? I am having the same issue after changing my oil filter housing last week. Thank you!