Out of Curiosity, How Much Does the Cummins HO and Aisin Trans Weigh?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
American Racing wheels
American Racing wheels are only rated for load range E tires @ 65 PSI. This is for the 17" Baja dually wheels (the only ones they offer for a Ram 3500 DRW).

So..... they're not as strong as the stock OEM wheels.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Charts are general guidlines. It doesn’t mean squat. You need to do a chalk test to see how your tread pattern meets the road surface.

Here’s how to do the chalk test:
Load your vehicle as you plan to drive it. Adjust to your desired tire pressure. Drive around until tires are at operating temp. Find a smooth asphalt surface for test. Rub chalk across tire tread until your tread is covered with chalk drive forward just enough for one revolution. Check to see how chalk has changed. If chalk only removed on outside of tread, your under inflated, only the center over inflated.

Jeepers do this when installing bigger tires since there is no “chart” for your specific setup.

Try it, you will be surprised at the results.

Gonna give that a try. THanks!

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't know that the chalk test is really going to do much for you unless you're running 37's on that dually. :)

texcwa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L HO
Just to chime in, I run my fronts at 55 - 60 and rears at 60 - 65, get great mileage out of them and not to stiff for me, when towing my 16k fifth wheel, I bump up to OEM recommendation. Had my truck on scales twice and steer axle weighs between 5080 lbs and 5260 lbs depending on how I load the trailer and if I put additional load in bed of truck. The Drive axle is at 6860 lbs +/-. My trailer is a 32 ft (36 ft overall) and truck (3500) has the HO with single axle, should of got a dually and do not understand why others with 2500's tow big fifth wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357