Parking sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeganA89

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have a 2018 ram 1500 big horn 4x4. My front and back parking sensors will show on my dash if I am close to something but just recently in the past week won’t “beep” all the time. Once in a while they will other times it just shows I am close to an object. Not a big deal just wondering if something could be going out?? I’ve turned them off and on numerous times and it’s still the same they will go off occasionally. My reverse camera went blue the other day as I was backing up so I put the truck in park turned it off and all worked fine when I cranked it back up but that’s when the parking sensor issues started..

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 2018 ram 1500 big horn 4x4. My front and back parking sensors will show on my dash if I am close to something but just recently in the past week won’t “beep” all the time. Once in a while they will other times it just shows I am close to an object. Not a big deal just wondering if something could be going out?? I’ve turned them off and on numerous times and it’s still the same they will go off occasionally. My reverse camera went blue the other day as I was backing up so I put the truck in park turned it off and all worked fine when I cranked it back up but that’s when the parking sensor issues started..
You could try disconnecting the negative (-) battery post for a few minutes. Step on the brake pedal hard with the battery disconnected to drain the system,then let the truck sit for an hour or 2 before starting ,after you reconnect the battery.If that doesn't help,then you'll have to dig deeper

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you! I will try that!
Sometimes a computor reset will work Megan.Not always,but it's the cheapest and easiest thing to try first,if it doesn't work,then you'll have to dig deeper.After reconnecting the battery let it sit for at least an hour so it reboots itself