Electric Parking Brake Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FtWorthRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy,
I've had my 2023 Longhorn Crew Cab now for about 6 months. Absolutely love it, btw!!!
I'm curious if anyone knows why the parking brake releases automatically when putting it into reverse or drive, and then sometimes I have to release it manually after putting truck into gear? I can't seem to put my finger on what scenario is causing which, or if it's random? My mom's Pacifica does the exact same thing, so I'm assuming there's a logic behind this.....or maybe not?
Thanks for the feedback!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Howdy,
I've had my 2023 Longhorn Crew Cab now for about 6 months. Absolutely love it, btw!!!
I'm curious if anyone knows why the parking brake releases automatically when putting it into reverse or drive, and then sometimes I have to release it manually after putting truck into gear? I can't seem to put my finger on what scenario is causing which, or if it's random? My mom's Pacifica does the exact same thing, so I'm assuming there's a logic behind this.....or maybe not?
Thanks for the feedback!
When it won't release,by chance do you have the door open,or only on the first latch,and is your seatbelt fastened

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve noticed the same thing on my ‘22 but wasn’t able to connect it with the seat belt until the suggestion. I’m going to pay attention. What I do like is the remote start works if the parking brake isn’t set. My ‘17 liked to not start with parking on the slope of my driveway if the parking break wasn’t set. My ‘22 starts every time.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The first time I unfastened my seat belt to open the door and look behind me at an obstacle while backing up, my truck locked up, set off buzzers , warning lights, refused to move - scared the crap out of me. I thought I had broke it.

OP
OP
F

FtWorthRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the replies! I will check the seatbelt out and let you know what I find. Can’t recall if times I had to manually release my seatbelt was not fastened??

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Same issue, start, seatbelt, gear and brake releases. When I’m slow with the seat belt, I have to hit the button.