Passenger side axle making a clinking noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

junior81

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 crew cab sport
Engine
For about a week now been hearing a noise in the cab that has been driving me insane. It sounds like metal and metal slightly banging up against each other. So since I heard Occasionally inside while I was driving I thought it my be something in the storage boxes, so I emptied everything out and nothing. Finally went through all the bolts in the front and they where all ok. I wiggled the axles and driver side had no play but passenger had play where it connects to front diff. Had my buddy wiggle the axle while I sat inside to make sure it's what I hear and yea it's that. So what now?? It's still under warranty but don't know if they will stress over the lift. Going to be taking in this week and hopefully they don't say it's because of my lift.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Do you leave a hitch attachment in the receiver?
Some of the members on the forum have posted about a "clinking noise" and is was the hitch rattling around in the receiver.

My truck makes the same noise if I leave an attachment in the hitch.

OP
OP
junior81

junior81

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 crew cab sport
Engine
Wasn't the hitch Bailey I checked it last night, sound was getting worse. Trucks at dealer since morning ill post what they find later.

OP
OP
junior81

junior81

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 crew cab sport
Engine
noise was a large bolt that was in the inside of the dash. bolt was just an extra left in by manf. everytime i hit a bump or turned it rolled around and banged up inside.