PDC/TIPM schematic 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, so just purchased a truck with non functioning wires. Seller said it was just a motor but didn't want to put any more money into the truck. Anyway I did my normal diag and find that its leading to the TIPM. I took it appart in hopes I'd find a schematic for it to de and resolider a relay onto it but cannot tell which relay is the actual wiper relay. Any help would be appreciated. Photo of TIPM below. I'm "thinking" the relays in the lower right side are possible them as they sit right below the 30 amp fuse location. Also anyone ever have the actual multifunction switch go bad? Alldata is saying replace tipm but when I watched a southmainauto youtube video (if you haven't watched Erik O then you should great videos) he took apart his sisters TIPM and replaced the relay but he tested them with a power probe and found the bad one. Mine are all "clicking" and before someone posts, I KNOW just because it clicks doesn't mean its good. This is why I need a schematic to know which relay to replace.
1687468376631.png

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could you identify more info about your truck? I've looked at my usual resources for TIPM, fuses, and relays, and can't find the layout you have pictured.

As far as what I can see on these sights, there isn't a relay, only fuses for the wipers. I loaded the above sites and used control F (text search) to search for 'wiper'.

And welcome.gif to Ram Forum. :cool:

OP
OP
JmGuTe

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. What you're looking at is the actual PCB or board of the TIPM which is underneath all the fuses and removable relays. The white "boxes" are the soldiered relays that go bad requiring you to replace the entire TIPM. This is out of a 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Express.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. What you're looking at is the actual PCB or board of the TIPM which is underneath all the fuses and removable relays. The white "boxes" are the soldiered relays that go bad requiring you to replace the entire TIPM. This is out of a 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Express.

You're welcome. A quick tour elsewhere has confirmed that there isn't a wiper relay on the 2013 Ram 1500. I did read somewhere that the BCM controls the wiper function, I'd look to verify.

You can locate schematics and a service manual for a 2013 if you use the search function in the upper right corner.

OP
OP
JmGuTe

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I appreciate the help, but not sure where you're getting your information from but its incorrect. ALL vehicles have a wiper relay, without one you would not have any choice between low or intermittent. I have diagrams for wiring however nothing for the actual board of the TIPM. You can see in this diagram the wiper relay's (2 of them) are on the power distribution board aka TIPM.
pcb.JPG

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello all, so just purchased a truck with non functioning wires. Seller said it was just a motor but didn't want to put any more money into the truck. Anyway I did my normal diag and find that its leading to the TIPM. I took it appart in hopes I'd find a schematic for it to de and resolider a relay onto it but cannot tell which relay is the actual wiper relay. Any help would be appreciated. Photo of TIPM below. I'm "thinking" the relays in the lower right side are possible them as they sit right below the 30 amp fuse location. Also anyone ever have the actual multifunction switch go bad? Alldata is saying replace tipm but when I watched a southmainauto youtube video (if you haven't watched Erik O then you should great videos) he took apart his sisters TIPM and replaced the relay but he tested them with a power probe and found the bad one. Mine are all "clicking" and before someone posts, I KNOW just because it clicks doesn't mean its good. This is why I need a schematic to know which relay to replace.
View attachment 523418
This site may help. Choose year, select "DS" for Ram pickup 1500 and on the following screen narrow your search with terms like "wiper"

OP
OP
JmGuTe

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This site may help. Choose year, select "DS" for Ram pickup 1500 and on the following screen narrow your search with terms like "wiper"

Thank you SitKneelBend, great resource but no dice. I HOWEVER reached out to a company that repairs the TIPM's and asked if they could just tell me which relays were related to the wipers and they did respond saying they would send that info once they were back in their office so there is hope yet! I'll be sure to update the thread for anyone else so they can replace them and save hundreds of dollars! The relays themselves are only like 10 bucks for 5!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I copied the following from a service manual identified as 2013/2014 years. Ian would likely know if this applied to both years. His post is available here;

I searched the manual for wiper relay, there was 2 locations. Unfortunately, the manual makes reference to the wiper relays but the only details is that they are located on the PDM on non-serviceable. I hope your lead is more productive.

Wiper Relays - The wiper high and low relay and the wiper on and off relay are both soldered onto the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) located within the Power Distribution Center (PDC) and are not serviceable. The PDC is located in the left front corner of the engine compartment just forward of the battery.

Certain functions and features of the wiper and washer systems rely upon resources shared with other electronic modules in the vehicle over a Local Interface Network (LIN) data bus as well as over the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus. Other electronic modules in the vehicle that may affect wiper and washer system operation are:

Body Control Module - The Body Control Module (BCM) (also known as the Common Body Controller/CBC) is located on the upper left corner of the dash panel within the passenger compartment, where it is concealed behind the instrument panel to the left of the steering column and pedal support bracket. Refer to MODULE, BODY CONTROL, DESCRIPTION .

Clockspring - The clockspring is completely concealed beneath the shrouds at the top of the steering column, just below the steering wheel. The clockspring also includes a Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) that is secured to the back of the clockspring housing and is serviced only as a unit with the clockspring. The clockspring housing is constructed of molded black plastic and is secured to the steering column by three screws. Refer to CLOCKSPRING, DESCRIPTION .

Light Rain Sensor Module - A Light Rain Sensor Module (LRSM) (also known as the Light Sensor Module/LSM, the Rain Sensor Module/RSM or the Rain Light Sensor/RLS) is used on vehicles equipped with the optional automatic wiper feature. The LRSM is located on a bracket bonded to the inside surface of the windshield glass, near the inside rear view mirror mount.

Multifunction Switch - The only visible component of the multifunction switch (1) is the control stalk, which includes a control knob that extends through the shrouds on the left side of the steering column. The switch housing and control stalk are constructed of molded black plastic. A single integral latch feature and slide tabs on the switch housing engage channels and a striker that are integral to the left side of the mounting bracket that is integral to the clockspring. The multifunction switch includes an integral Local Interface Network (LIN) data bus ***** node. The multifunction switch is available for separate service replacement. Refer to SWITCH,MULTIFUNCTION, DESCRIPTION .

Steering Angle Sensor - The Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) is completely concealed on the back of the clockspring housing beneath the shrouds at the top of the steering column. The SAS housing is constructed of molded black plastic and is serviced only as a unit with the clockspring. The SAS includes an integral Local Interface Network (LIN) data bus master node and is also a gateway to the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus network.

The BCM and the SAS each contain a microcontroller and programming that allow them to communicate with each other and other electronic modules in the vehicle using the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus. In addition the multifunction switch and the SAS communicate with each other, and the BCM and the RLSM communicate with each other using the Local Interface Network data bus. Refer to COMMUNICATION, DESCRIPTION .

Hard wired circuitry connects the wiper and washer system components to the electrical system of the vehicle. These hard wired circuits are integral to several wire harnesses, which are routed throughout the vehicle and retained by many different methods. These circuits may be connected to each other, to the vehicle electrical system and to the wiper and washer system components through the use of a combination of soldered splices, splice block connectors, and many different types of wire harness terminal connectors and insulators.

Refer to the appropriate wiring information. The wiring information includes wiring diagrams, proper wire and connector repair procedures, further details on wire harness routing and retention, as well as pin out and location views for the various wire harness connectors, splices and grounds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JmGuTe

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Michael, again thanks for trying to help but your copy pasta isn't adding anything to the thread. You can service them if you take the PDC apart and people DO service the wiper relays that you previously stated "we didn't have." Many of companies out there that do this service. Once I get the location I will update the photo, I've already ordered the relays that you can de-solder and solder back in. Here's a video proving your first statement wrong. https://youtu.be/a7gEDHsppEs

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Michael, again thanks for trying to help but your copy pasta isn't adding anything to the thread. You can service them if you take the PDC apart and people DO service the wiper relays that you previously stated "we didn't have." Many of companies out there that do this service. Once I get the location I will update the photo, I've already ordered the relays that you can de-solder and solder back in. Here's a video proving your first statement wrong. https://youtu.be/a7gEDHsppEs

I won't waste any more of my time or yours. Good luck.

bgoff_ak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just happen to have my TIPM out and was able to test this ( this is on a 2014 RAM 6.7 SLT) that F25B ( after fuse side of the wiper, goes to K31 ) as you said right below it. I can't tell you how stupid it is that these trucks being all electronic that a simple relay is listed as not serviceable... I hope this helps. If you do happen to get a relay list from the other Co, please post it. I'm kinda wondering there the rest of these go and I would rather not trace them all.

Attachments

• IMG_4459.JPG
    IMG_4459.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 22

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi

DaveSharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They do it to sell you a TIPM, otherwise they'd make them serviceable and sensible. This is absolutely no sane reason to solder them to the board when they whine about climate change every two minutes.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They do it to sell you a TIPM, otherwise they'd make them serviceable and sensible. This is absolutely no sane reason to solder them to the board when they whine about climate change every two minutes.

Agreed on the money making scheme but the A-hole who's constantly whining about climate change has a house at 42 Sussex and spends his daytime whining in the House on Wellington Street.

Mohamed Albana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got a tipm from mak for my 2012 it gave me bunch of codes and no speedo. Im sure I need to relearn but it worked . I put old one back and it worked great so I cleaned connections and keep spare just in case lol

OP
OP
JmGuTe

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my truck for a steal however on the 3rd day I had tipm issues but thank god for internet and me refusing to pay ppl for labor

Same here. Just bought mine and the seller said the wiper motor was bad. Hind sight I think he knew he had a issue with the TIPM which is why I got it for steal!

Chevy4240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 523418

I had same issue wiper just stopped in middle of my windshield thought is was motor but it was tipm as the K31 relay was gone . I had taken part and tested relay and yup no clicky lol.. I ordered new ones from china and had the two pac for 20 cnd in a few weeks . I desoldered and soldered in new relay and wow I had wipers again easy fix ... yes you can replace the relays cheap...all good now .. you just have to find the relays but now I see Mak is replacing them with solid state relays much better but where would you buy them ? lol.. cheers hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_4361.jpeg
    IMG_4361.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 7