Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It figures the Bluetooth model would come out just a couple months after I bought mine!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Whats the advantage of the bluetooth?

OP
OP
RAYDEL PORTO

RAYDEL PORTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just that you can get the app and change modes from your phone but to be honest is easier and faster to hit the buttons on the PC itself rather than grab your phone, unlock it, find the app among the 100 apps already on the screen, and change modes. Of course all that while driving lol. So with that said LAKEFISHER dont beat yourself up. Trust me if i would have known i would have bought your version for less money.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just that you can get the app and change modes from your phone but to be honest is easier and faster to hit the buttons on the PC itself rather than grab your phone, unlock it, find the app among the 100 apps already on the screen, and change modes. Of course all that while driving lol. So with that said LAKEFISHER dont beat yourself up. Trust me if i would have known i would have bought your version for less money.
i think the benefit tho is that you don't need to install it on the dash if you don't want to. you can leave it buried deep behind your dash and still have the ability to change modes from your phone. i was going to get one for mine but at 10.5 mpg i think i'll leave it the way it is lol

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad your enjoying it. I love seeing these threads!

The pedal commander app on one of those tesla radios they sell for the RAM would be awesome!!!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blue tooth was probably dreamt up because spouses would leave and be like “ Holy hell” ... and we would be like “ **** I left it on sport 4” she’s gonna be cooking the tires at every light.. “open up app, click here,there” now it’s in grandma mode...

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blue tooth was probably dreamt up because spouses would leave and be like “ Holy hell” ... and we would be like “ **** I left it on sport 4” she’s gonna be cooking the tires at every light.. “open up app, click here,there” now it’s in grandma mode...

If it's Bluetooth, that might only going to work if they're still in the driveway. BT doesn't reach very far.

Patrick B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just installed mine on the weekend, and while I appreciate the greatly improved throttle response (City +3 for me, most of the time), I've noticed that it has a nasty habit of throwing CELs (P2138 or P2127) on a regular basis. Mostly due to changing modes while driving (I switched from City to Sport at a stoplight, and it dumped me into Limp mode with a Service Electronic Throttle control message). So I'm not 100% convinced I'm going to keep my PC yet, as I didn't mind the stock throttle response too badly, and the regular CEL popups are annoying. The worst part is, codes like P2138 are Permanent DTCs, so I can't clear them with my OBD-2 tool, and just have to run through 2 or 3 "cycles" to get them to clear.

I got the Bluetooth one, and while I've dash mounted mine for now, I'm thinking (and my original intention) that I'm going to mount it underneath the knee panel in the driver's side, and just use my phone to switch modes (if ever, since City +2 or +3 works pretty well so far).

Patrick

NorCalJeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had the Bluetooth version for a couple of weeks now, and I get the CEL every so often. Very annoying when it puts me in limp mode.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had the Bluetooth version for a couple of weeks now, and I get the CEL every so often. Very annoying when it puts me in limp mode.
Mine was doing that too. I would’ve returned it to Nick but but I’m not interested in paying shipping 3 times to return something that doesn’t work well on my truck. I sold mine locally.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, that really bites!! Iv had my non bluetooth pc for 6 months now and NEVER had a issue of cel, limp mode etc. I would be pretty pissed having to contend with that.

lnferno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
So, it's only the Bluetooth version that throws the CEL?

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had mine with BT at least a month with no issues..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Not sure about that, but I recall several people saying that in later models (2013+) it would code while in Eco mode. Never had that issue with my '09.

Pistol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Not sure but I've not had an error code with my wired version and I have changed settings while driving several times.

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not sure but I've not had an error code with my wired version and I have changed settings while driving several times.
Ditto here. I haven't had any trouble with mine and I've changed it while driving as well.