Please help? Input needed on rear shocks for my Mcgaughlys deluxe 2/4 drop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Hey everyone, I got the mcg front spindle 2/4 drop & decided I want to upgrade shocks. I know the fronts use same size as stock cause drop spindles. What kind of shocks is everyone running in the rear for the 4" drop? I know belltech street performance drop shocks are a option. If anyone has them please let me know what u think? Any other shock options out there for my rear 4" drop? Thanks in advance!:favorites13:

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running the nitro drops that came with my belltech kit

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
QA 1 makes some nice ones. I don't have the part number. I had mine made but I've heard that there are some you can buy off the shelf.
I had the Street Performers that came with the BellTec kit. They suck....

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like them the only thing is on the highway I hit one of those sudden dips it rubs on the top of the front wheel well other then that no bottoming out

gr8ridn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like my Bilstein Shocks. They ride great and add control the others can't match. I used the stock length shock and they have adequate compression stroke for the 4" McG lowered rear. The shocks haven't bottomed out in 4 years. When I measured there was more shock travel than suspension travel.

I don't know who makes the BellTech shocks but I doubt it is BellTech. I've been using Bilstiens for over 40 years with consistent results on every vehicle they have been used in.

OP
OP
B

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Bilsteins

I like my Bilstein Shocks. They ride great and add control the others can't match. I used the stock length shock and they have adequate compression stroke for the 4" McG lowered rear. The shocks haven't bottomed out in 4 years. When I measured there was more shock travel than suspension travel.

I don't know who makes the BellTech shocks but I doubt it is BellTech. I've been using Bilstiens for over 40 years with consistent results on every vehicle they have been used in.

Thanks for ur input gr8ridn. Did or do u have any rear end wobble/hop? I was thinkin going bilstein route up front since I have drop spindles like u but wanted to get a rear shock tht is more fitted to our 4" rear drop. I feel a slight rear end hop & was curious if we install a rear shock custom fitted for our 4" drop if it would help with rear end. Thanks

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Do you have a part number for those?