Power Distribution Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Truck is a 2017 3500. There is a power distribution box on the left side of the engine compartment just behind the battery near the firewall and on the opposite side of the battery from the main power distribution center. It contains only relays and what I think are circuit breakers, no fuses. There is no mention of this box in the owners manual that I can find and the inside lid of this box does not have a list of what circuit each of these relays and circuit breakers control (unlike the main power distribution center). A fairly quick online search pulled up nothing related to it. Can anyone provide me with this information? TIA!

OP
OP
B

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Do you have auxiliary switches under you a/c controls?
Yes I do. I see where you are going with this; these are for the aux switches? Here are some photos.

PD2.jpgPD1.jpg

OP
OP
B

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thank you for this link but I watched it a few times many years ago as I was wiring my selected accessories. It does not explain what the power distribution box in question does, and this is the information that I am looking for. Thank you all for the responses so far!

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
the power distribution is the outputs that activate when the individual auxiliary switches are used, the 4 wire plug on the left should be the output leads for offroad lights or other 12v accessories.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's just relays for your Aux switches.

OP
OP
B

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
the power distribution is the outputs that activate when the individual auxiliary switches are used, the 4 wire plug on the left should be the output leads for offroad lights or other 12v accessories.

It's just relays for your Aux switches.

Thank you, makes sense. It would be nice to know which relay is associated with each switch but I should be able to figure it out.

OP
OP
B

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I finally found the information that I was looking for, so I thought that I would share:
2017 Upfitter Schematic
Thanks to all for the replies!