Power folding mirrors 2010 laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright fellas....
I'm having thoughts of switching to power folding mirrors as I ordered by mistake the drivers door master window switch (to fix a broken button) of a later year which has the button for this.
My question is ....Can the mirrors(if I purchased the correct mirrors)be converted to power folding mirrors on my 2010 laramie?
Is the wiring already there to do such a thought? As in just plug and play.
I do not know....my switch is a 9 pin and 3pin now...which is what I recieved on this newer version that has the extra button between the mirrors left and right..
All the window and mirror switch functions fine now of this newer version,I just do not know if there is like extra pins to accommodate my wire harness that I already have to make this work....if not I'm scraping this thought.
Mirrors are heated also if that helps.
Hard for me to describe what I want to know.
Can someone advise me on this....i know this is gonna get expensive but is just a thought for now and is really a nice feature to have.
Thanks in advance.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You are not explaining much

If you have power folding mirrors from Mopar ...

You have to have the correct door modules, for both front doors

Then if remember right, the mirrors have to be programmed
A dealership or you need to buy the https://www.alfaobd.com/
or some other programmer

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having a 2010 kind of hinders you from being able to do it on your own with Alfa.
I can’t say for sure as I have a 2013, but many guys here have had issues with 2012 and under not accepting or having many options in Alfa.
I haven’t done power folding yet..only missing the switch panel..I do have the mirrors signals and puddle lamps. I bought the mirrors, door modules, and AlfaOBD app with MX+ OBDii reader.
Mine works like factory. No dealer flash needed.

OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you guys for the info to get me goin.
I started searching items needed that you spoke of and did find a vid on youtubes showing the items used but it was an aftermarket deal.i was in a rush this morning and had to leave,so I'll look around more this evening about it.
Thanks agajn.