Power outlet help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Horn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2006 dodge ram 3500, The power outlet on the dash now only works with the key on. The outlet in the console still works with the key off.
Does anyone know how to program it back to constant power, have no idea how it changed?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's how mine has always been, I believe. Only way to fix it might be to re-wire it to a constant source...?

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
That is how all the Rams I have seen have been. You could wire it to a constant source but I would just use the other outlet.

$miley

OP
OP
B

Big Horn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, but both of my power outlets were a constant hot from the day I bought my truck. The manual says you can program them to be hot always or only with the ignition on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hemiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the manual says you can do it but doesn't say how?

Wow

What I found in an on line PDF version of 2006 manual, page 192...

The outlet(s) has/have a fused direct feed from the battery so it/they receive power whether the ignition is ON or OFF.
All accessories connected to this/these outlet(s) should be removed or turned OFF when the vehicle is not in use to protect the battery against discharge.
NOTE: If desired, all of the power outlets can be converted by your authorized dealer to provide power with the ignition switch in the ON position only.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca