Pre made y pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know a source for pre made Y pipes for Ram 1500. Muffler guys around here just want to “ ad lib” a fabrication. There has to be a manufacturer I would think who would mass produce these..no?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I found several by using Google,, and E Bay those are OEM style so not sure thats what you want

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anyone know a source for pre made Y pipes for Ram 1500. Muffler guys around here just want to “ ad lib” a fabrication. There has to be a manufacturer I would think who would mass produce these..no?
AFE used to make them in catted and catless versions,but i think they discontinued them a few years back Dave. Check with Nick @ Got Exhaust he might know if they're still available,or where to hunt one up.
They weren't cheap though.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep sent him 2 e mails no response. Further research found a place in Tacoma that has them in stock . Going there next Jan for dog show will check it out in person $180 us plus taxi installed.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Advice from knowledgeable members ...are the replacement units for the OEM 2 1/2 x 2 going into a single 3 inch....only round not crushed to heck.. I think i read tht somewhere if anyone can confirm....thanks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yep sent him 2 e mails no response. Further research found a place in Tacoma that has them in stock . Going there next Jan for dog show will check it out in person $180 us plus taxi installed.
Post up a link or picture of the midpipe Dave. A mandrel bent stainless steel midpipe that gets rid of the factory crush joint,and has cats,should be more money then that

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm...do not have a picture of that item but from the description I was given it was a small 16 inch overall length piece that was a Y ..having 2 round 2 1/2 inch pipes going into one round 3 inch pipe section..if you can visualize that...not very long...no cats..

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hmm...do not have a picture of that item but from the description I was given it was a small 16 inch overall length piece that was a Y ..having 2 round 2 1/2 inch pipes going into one round 3 inch pipe section..if you can visualize that...not very long...no cats..
Sounds like they're using something like a Magnaflow or Dynamax universal Y pipe

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i am guessing this is does not have much effect on anything. Maybe a little on flow..but on a pretty much stock vehicle like my Warlock not that much..what do you think?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So i am guessing this is does not have much effect on anything. Maybe a little on flow..but on a pretty much stock vehicle like my Warlock not that much..what do you think?
Save the $250+ it'll cost you,and put that money towards a decent set of long tubes Dave.Truck runs fine with the stock system,and if you're on a budget,that 250 will just prolong the time it takes to generate the money for a set of decent long tubes,that'll end up doing away with your stock midpipe whether it's modded or not.

slbenz600

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
Advice from knowledgeable members ...are the replacement units for the OEM 2 1/2 x 2 going into a single 3 inch....only round not crushed to heck.. I think i read tht somewhere if anyone can confirm....thanks

slbenz600

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
Why are you people wanting to choke your engine? Cut that Y-pipe out and either cut it into pieces or put it into the round file either way the further from your RAM the bette off you are. Weld 3 1/2 inch pipe into dual mufflers then hook them into the original tail pipes or build a complete cat back system. Your motor, fuel, economy and extra power will be your benefits.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well you are straight forward sibenz600 I give you that...thanks for the input..LOl

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All I was thinking of was replacing the 12 inch y pipe area that the OEM lads crushed almost flat to fit into 1 pipe. I found magnaflow has them pre-made, in a nice round shape. Just have to get the OEM one cut out and have some clever talented welder to weld the new piece back in place.

Or as i found out the cost overall would be about $400 CDN..might just keep that $$$ in the piggybank for something important..

Last edited:

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lemme ask a dumb question: does changing the Y pipe give better fuel milage? or, is this just for sound or performance?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Imagine spending all that money on a Y pipe and keeping the stock manifolds that choke the HEMI to death..... lol...

Its a waste of time and money, Save up for headers .

lemme ask a dumb question: does changing the Y pipe give better fuel milage? or, is this just for sound or performance?

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Imagine spending all that money on a Y pipe and keeping the stock manifolds that choke the HEMI to death..... lol...

Its a waste of time and money, Save up for headers .
This…

If you look the piping after the cats its all crushed at some point up to the y. The cross pipe that goes from the drivers side under the trans pan is D shaped, flat on top.