Single valve y-pipe cutout VS two valve Y pipe cut out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I decided to put a cutout on my exhaust. While researching for a product I came across two styles. The traditional one valve cut out, where when the valve opens for the dump, some exhaust still goes to the muffler and tailpipe, and a newer two valve cut out, where when the dump valve opens simultaneously the valve to the muffler and tailpipe close.

I'm looking for pros and cons opinions to the two valve y-pipe cut out or anyone that has experience with the two valve.

I have included a picture but please keep in mind that the picture doesn't explain it that well.

Thank,
Jim

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230410-111240_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230410-111240_eBay.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 19

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Neither will make much of a difference in power. This mod will be mainly for sound. The manifolds and oem y pipe is where the real restriction is in the exhaust.

if interested QTP makes a fully bolt in solution that we can offer you. Message me if you would like a quote on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah fully aware that there is no power gain. I got a new cam, tune and torque converter for that. Now I want a bit more rumble at the light. I was just looking to see if anyone has experience with the two value cut out. My one thought was it might sound a bit more louder if the pipe to the muffler was cut off while the dump was open. Yes, I was also looking for a aftermarket y-pipe to replace that restrictive OEM on the truck now. My one thought on that was will my tune be affected or affect the performance. Since it will have a different O2 reading? Not really looking to have it retuned but if it's necessary.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yeah fully aware that there is no power gain. I got a new cam, tune and torque converter for that. Now I want a bit more rumble at the light. I was just looking to see if anyone has experience with the two value cut out. My one thought was it might sound a bit more louder if the pipe to the muffler was cut off while the dump was open. Yes, I was also looking for a aftermarket y-pipe to replace that restrictive OEM on the truck now. My one thought on that was will my tune be affected or affect the performance. Since it will have a different O2 reading? Not really looking to have it retuned but if it's necessary.
You definitely need a set of long tubes if you're cammed with a convertor,you're leaving a pile of horsepower on the table with the peanut port stock manifolds

OP
OP
dirtyUPSman

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It wasn't an easy decision to make but I went with shorty headers keeping the original cats and went with an aftermarket split exhaust. Yes I know there is little gain w shorties and I wld be better off w long tubes but like I said a decision needed to be made.
I am interested in getting rid of the original y pipe for the flow and also putting on a cut-out for the sound.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think the double valves are more for an active exhaust situation, where you could plumb around a muffler with a straight pipe and get some combinations between full muffler and full bypass.