Psc1-003

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Gentlemen,
I have PSC1-003 I intend to use on my truck. I haven't tuned one before and was wondering if anyone had the base tune that was offered from Moe's with the purchase. I contacted Bob and he said he nolonger had the files. Anyone have any tunes they care to share with me?

Thanks,

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
According to a google search, Moe commented on some questions about the base tune that he needed to know the vacuum at idle that your cam pulled, then he would either email or load the base tune, based on the vacuum at idle you specified...

****dont know if that helps, just trying to help a little****

HemiSwapped06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gentlemen,
I have PSC1-003 I intend to use on my truck. I haven't tuned one before and was wondering if anyone had the base tune that was offered from Moe's with the purchase. I contacted Bob and he said he nolonger had the files. Anyone have any tunes they care to share with me?

Thanks,

You might talk with Randy, randtx, but keep in mind the files are going to vary depending on which PCM you start with and the mods on the truck. No two maps are really going to be the same. We just installed one of these on my little brothers 2003 Dakota last weekend. Thankfully we were able to pull it into my garage to do the install. Took around 1 hour to get it installed and configured to accept the base tune. We mounted the unit behind the center console area and ran the cord into the console area.

The actual maps are not that hard to generate, but you need to have some kind of idea how the stock program is running the engine, before you are able to program the PSC-1. More map voltage is more fuel and less voltage is less fuel. I found that small tweaks can go a long way. The PCM will max out at just under 5.00 volts, about 4.995 to be exact. Anything more than that and it will throw a high map voltage/pressure code.

I was able to make the Dakota go from having way lean adaptives and WOT, to having rich adaptives and a good WOT air/fuel ratio.

Attachments

• Dakota SC 91 before PSC-1.JPG
    Dakota SC 91 before PSC-1.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Dakota SC 91 PSC-1.JPG
    Dakota SC 91 PSC-1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
According to a google search, Moe commented on some questions about the base tune that he needed to know the vacuum at idle that your cam pulled, then he would either email or load the base tune, based on the vacuum at idle you specified...

****dont know if that helps, just trying to help a little****

Thanks, I saw that on a old thread and basically it was what got me thinking about trying to find a base tune. Got a email from Bob a couple of days ago, stating he nolonger had any of the base tune he was previously offering.

You might talk with Randy, randtx, but keep in mind the files are going to vary depending on which PCM you start with and the mods on the truck. No two maps are really going to be the same. We just installed one of these on my little brothers 2003 Dakota last weekend. Thankfully we were able to pull it into my garage to do the install. Took around 1 hour to get it installed and configured to accept the base tune. We mounted the unit behind the center console area and ran the cord into the console area.

The actual maps are not that hard to generate, but you need to have some kind of idea how the stock program is running the engine, before you are able to program the PSC-1. More map voltage is more fuel and less voltage is less fuel. I found that small tweaks can go a long way. The PCM will max out at just under 5.00 volts, about 4.995 to be exact. Anything more than that and it will throw a high map voltage/pressure code.

I was able to make the Dakota go from having way lean adaptives and WOT, to having rich adaptives and a good WOT air/fuel ratio.

Thanks, I really don't think this is going to be hard to do. Actually looking forward to getting into it. Just seeing if I could get a head start before getting home.

Thanks, for the inputs!

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Wanna buy a vacun guage? So i was on the wrong path thinking i could get the base tune included free with a PSC order from Bob. Just gonna have to shop around and do more research. So i take it your emails to the manufacturer didn't get any results?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Danny, I didn't email Split Second as I thought Bob had them available. If someone has one to share that's fine, otherwise I'll put one together and send you updates as I go along. However during the tuning I am interested in seeing what effect it has on the line pressure. Using the diagnostic adaptor tool "Line Pressure Adapter 8259" will allow the instalation of a 0-300 psig gauge.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, that would be a great start, Thanks. I just thought you had emailed split second. Prolly won't have my PSC until the spring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Danny, I still have the headers to install, 6.1 valve springs, 6.1 ignition, PSC1 and a LP gage. I want to do a baseline tune and make a couple track runs. Then I'll select and install a cam. Actually not a whole lot to do. But all fun stuff.

Edit: floor shifter

Last edited:

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Floor Shifter, Oh Ya Good Idea. All my Ducks are lined up. Waiting for a nice day when I can get my drill and make a few holes in the floor. As for the PSC not sure yet where I will source it, Maybe Duane!

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Floor Shifter, Oh Ya Good Idea. All my Ducks are lined up. Waiting for a nice day when I can get my drill and make a few holes in the floor. As for the PSC not sure yet where I will source it, Maybe Duane!

Yep, 3rd Strike has them. I find the site awkward to find anything but maybe that is just me.

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
I have tons of psc tunes that I have done for me and others..I also think I have the original stuff that came for psc as well...maybe I can email you some of them to play with..

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I have tons of psc tunes that I have done for me and others..I also think I have the original stuff that came for psc as well...maybe I can email you some of them to play with..

Fred,
That would be great, it'd give something work with I'll pm you my email address.

Those videos are absolutely wild.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca