Questions about 4th Gen Mods onto 3rd Gen trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tstark51383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, first time post! I bought a 2006 1500 Quad Cab hemi in July of 2012. I am extremely pleased with the truck (1 owner that was a Dodge Certified Mechanic, all maintenance receipts, only 67k original miles, TRX4) and am planning my list of mods now.

I really love the look of the RamBox bed's on the newer (4th Gen) Ram trucks and was wondering if the bed can possibly be put onto our 3rd Gen trucks without issue? Has anyone tried this?

Also, what about the rear bumper (with dual exhaust cutouts) and the newer sport (single) and other (dual scoop) hoods? They able to fit or not usable at all?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Lotsa custom work. Have seen 4th gen front end and 4th gen exhaust cutout bumper put on a 3rd gen, but not a bed. Be a pioneer! Lots of pics please.

C.Carmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
4th gen boxes are shorter by almost a foot I believe... Doesn't mean it's impossible... But defiantly gonna be tricky!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
anything is possible if you have the money lol. to put the bed of a 4th gen on a 3rd i'm sure would require custom mounts since the rear switched to coilcoil over instead of leafs. Same with the bumper. The body lines would not match so it probably wouldn't flow nicely.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Interesting. I also would like too see this done. Now seeing as the bed has several different sizes you may find one that will fit right on with minimal modifications (maybe some drilling for the frame mounts). Should be an interesting mod to say the least.

starquestbd22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I can't help with the hood or bed info but I can offer some info on the rear bumper. I'm not going to say a 4th gen bumper cannot be adapted to a 3rd gen but I do know it will not be easy or cheap. The mounting points do not match up and the 4th gen bumper is narrower than the 3rd gen and will not clear the bed corners without modification. The good news is that a kit to replicate the 4th gen rear exit dual exhaust for the 3rd gens is in the prototype phase. If anyone is still watching this thread and is interested I can provide more info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990