Questions about a 1995 RAM 1500 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wrybread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unsure
My friend just bought a 1995 Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie with the 360, has low miles (120k) and in great shape. Formerly owned by a family friend and super well maintained all it's life. My friend isn't internet savvy and has been buying parts at local auto parts stores, and someone there told him that his truck was only made for two years, and that parts are rare. But from Google I see that it was made from 1994 to 2002 and was "truck of the year" a few times, and tons of them were made...

So I'm wondering if it's true that parts for this truck are hard to find?

And any tips for online sources of parts for this truck? Guessing there's some good online resources?

Are you usually able to find the truck in junkyards?

Thoughts on the truck in general? Seems like an awesome truck to me. All the issues with the truck so far have been purely cosmetic.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Look at RockAuto dot com and see what they offer for the truck as far as hard parts, i.e., alternators, PS pumps, window motors, water pumps, etc...

If it's trim parts, interior or exterior, dash pads, pedal pads, seat covers, etc...take a look at LMC Truck dot com

OP
OP
W

wrybread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unsure
Thanks for that.

Is there any truth to the claim that this truck was only made for 2 years?

I'm guessing not, but would love to confirm.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Lots and lots of Gen 2 trucks were made from 1994 to 2002 and I am fairly sure they had Laramie and Laramie SLT models available throughout those production years.

It's not some sort of regional package is it? Any other badges or decals besides the Dodge standard emblems on the truck?

OP
OP
W

wrybread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unsure
Not that I can see, just Laramie.

He was replacing the gas tank when told this if that's a factor. I'm guessing someone was just trying to make him want to buy a new truck.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I think there are a few areas of the 2nd gens that only were present a couple of years. I think the trucks were OBDI for the emissions package thru 95 and went fully to OBDII in 96. Also I think the transmissions were RH versions the first couple years and went to RE versions about 96. So I guess that some people might interpret that as the trucks with those systems as to only being made a couple years.

To take that a step further - an OBDI system might do things differently in the way they manage their fuel system and the fuel tanks may be different than a 96 and newer OBDII system equipped truck.