Questions about Zone 6"lift /5" coil with bilstein shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cowboy Brick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy y'all, I got Bilstein 5100 shocks on my ram 2012 1500 4x4 as of right now, but I'm finally gonna be biting the bullet here soon after my deployment is up.

I've been looking at 6" lift kits and was gonna go with the Rough Country lift but seems like everyone on here is going with the Zone Lift Kits.

My questions are..

1)Will the rear 5100 bilstein shocks be compatible with the 5" rear coil that comes with the 6" Zone lift kit and be level?

2)What setting should I have with the front bilstein shock to be level? Some said in other threads 2.1or 2.8 setting..

3)Do I need the Zone UCA's with this lift kit or will it be okay to keep the stock UCA's on the truck?

4)Does anyone have an installation guide/video for the Zone 6" lift kit on our 4th gen ram trucks? I'd rather install it myself than pay someone to install it.

I live in Texas and my driving I would say is 60% asphalt and 35% light off roading and 5% heavy off roading. I am very happy with the bilstein shocks ride quality I have on the truck now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cowboy Brick

Cowboy Brick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
-----‐--------------------------------------------------
Nod for 8 when they open the gate.
--------------------------------------------------------

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No, you’ll need longer shocks for rear ... Make sure you use the shock upgrade option when you order

The Bil setting used depends on the amount of rake you currently have, and the amount you want after it’s lifted

If you wind up at 2.8”, the it would be a good idea to get the Zone UCA’s

There is a install PDF right on Zone’s website that you can download and print

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My guess is the kit you get would be set up to be level when utilizing the factory strut... if you use the bilstein, I would guess you would want it in the lowest setting or it will most likely end up nose high.

And no, your current rear shocks are not gonna work.

Stock control arms should be fine if the kit does not come with upgraded ones... as long as you dont crank the bils up.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When you use the Bils, you don’t use the top spacer that comes with the kit

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you use the Bils, you don’t use the top spacer that comes with the kit

Or, you use the spacer but dont crank the bils up. Put them at the lowest setting.

OP
OP
Cowboy Brick

Cowboy Brick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or, you use the spacer but dont crank the bils up. Put them at the lowest setting.
I've read multiple other forum posts to NOT use the spacer when using bilsteins on the front and to set the shock at 2.1" or 2.8" setting depending on how much rake you want, and to use the 5" coil when using bilsteins.

OP
OP
Cowboy Brick

Cowboy Brick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, you’ll need longer shocks for rear ... Make sure you use the shock upgrade option when you order

The Bil setting used depends on the amount of rake you currently have, and the amount you want after it’s lifted

If you wind up at 2.8”, the it would be a good idea to get the Zone UCA’s

There is a install PDF right on Zone’s website that you can download and print

Alright appreciate the reply bowersfj. I'll get the fox shocks that come with at the extra cost and use my bilsteins on the front at 2.1" setting.

Still need to find a guide or video on how to install the 6" lift kit on my ram.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've read multiple other forum posts to NOT use the spacer when using bilsteins on the front and to set the shock at 2.1" or 2.8" setting depending on how much rake you want, and to use the 5" coil when using bilsteins.

hm, well i havnt done any research on it. But just using logic, if the bils go down to factory height, seems like they would ride better in that setting. But again, I havnt done the research.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
As I mentioned before, There is a PDF you can print right on the Zone website ... Step by step install instructions

OP
OP
Cowboy Brick

Cowboy Brick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As I mentioned before, There is a PDF you can print right on the Zone website ... Step by step install instructions

Okay I'll look at the PDF. Appreciate it Bowersfj.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
hm, well i havnt done any research on it. But just using logic, if the bils go down to factory height, seems like they would ride better in that setting. But again, I havnt done the research.

Bils are a better way to lift vs a top spacer ... And you can dial in the amount of rake you want