Rachet/snapping from frond end? 16 DS 1500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopart316

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a 16 1500 5.7 stock lone star model. From a stop to a hard acceleration the truck has a loud ratcheting/ snapping noise only with the movement of the suspension.to me it sounds like a spring snapping but they’re not broken. Engine is okay no issues there and no issues with the drive line. To me it sounds like a bad front spring or strut mount possibly? Used chassis ears on every suspension component but can’t pin point it exactly loosened and tightened everything but the struts and no change . With vehicle on a lift no noises.Like i said noise only happened when the truck leans back under hard acceleration or even when in reverse and hit the brakes hard to make the front end flex up. Running out of ideas and don’t just want to throw parts at the truck. Any input will be helpful. Thanks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
chassis ears are a great tool

Have you used them before ?

OP
OP
Mopart316

Mopart316

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah have a set and used them a lot when i was at the dealer and noted in the post. I used them on the truck on everything under the sun on the truck and no definite noise coming from any certain area sadly

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are all your wheel lugs tight? I have had lugs loosen just a bit on a vehicle and make noise when taking off or stopping. It was a click or snap type noise.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Put er up on a hoist (or jackstands) and rotate the wheels. Stop, look, listen.... Er wait, that's for a train. But you get the point.

OP
OP
Mopart316

Mopart316

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah lugs and wheels are all good I’m **** about torquing wheels never had any loose or fall off and no noises on the lift it’s nothing rotational. Load/suspension related I’m tempted to throw strut mounts at it and see what happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357